P4 with iPad vs Samsung tablet

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and new to the Phantom 4 flying experience. Had a quick question, tried searching for an answer but had no luck, so I thought I would through it out there to see if anyone had the same issue. I flew my first flight last week using an android tablet and had no issues, today I used my iPad and got the following message, "Can't take off Nuclear power facility". Well I live in Fairfax County Va, and am sure there is no Nuclear power plant any where close to my home. Has any experienced this or something like this using different tablets? Thanks all, also great site with tons of useful flying and repair info.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Is it possible your iPad thought you were somewhere else? Turn everything off on the ipd, wifi, Bluetooth, ect. And close all other running apps and try again. I've had no issues at all from day one using this method.

Johnny, thanks for the reply, I think I figured it out. The message I received that I can't take off "Nuclear Power facility" was, and I'm guessing here a (standard/dumb message). I tried my Android tablet and got the same message, so I went back into the house and ran the B4UFLY app, and unlike a week ago, this time it says "DO NOT FLY YOUR AIRCRAFT, You are in an area with flight restrictions. Something it did not say a week ago and lists three small hello pads, one for the hospital, one at the State Police barracks and some private hello pad, all which have been there for years. So, no more backyard flying for me.... At least I have one cool video of my house and neighborhood before my area became restricted. v/r John

Glad you figured it out! Kinda sucks though I know. I believe I'd have to move! :)

I believe you can contact the facilities and request permission to fly. More often granted than not. :)

NoCo Drones

The nuclear plant guards are always bored and would love some target practice, but I'm sure the P4 is not going to let you fly over one. I have similar problem near my house.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj