P4 vs P4P $600 price difference worth it?

Reaction score
If I can get a new P4 for $900 vs the $1500 for the P4P is it worth the $600 difference for the camera? Trying to figure out which one to buy. Thanks!

Does the P4P have any extra features that you need? If so, only you will be able to decide if those extras are worth that extra cost.

Reactions: Nickster
Does the P4P have any extra features that you need? If so, only you will be able to decide if those extras are worth that extra cost.

Very good point. I am going to get the P4P later in the month, not only for the camera and flight modes but for the extra safety features as well. I am hoping I will not ever need them. But it is nice to have redundant systems as failsafes. I also like the 5 direction obstacle avoidance, even though that is only certain modes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

For the P4P, obstacle avoidance only works in 4 directions (all but down). In most cases, only the front or rear sensors are being used to avoid obstacles (depending on the direction you're flying).

If I can get a new P4 for $900 vs the $1500 for the P4P is it worth the $600 difference for the camera? Trying to figure out which one to buy. Thanks!

I was in the same boat last week and after a lot of reading and online forum questions I went with the P4P. The main reason behind this is was the camera as I do photography as a hobby so wanted a good camera (without spending crazy money on an DJI Inspire)

Everything I read from my point of view pointed towards the P4P over the P4. If I wasnt too fussed about photography and was looking only on the extra features like more sensors I probably would have stuck with the P4 and from what Ive seen that camera is still good!

Hope this helps

For the P4P, obstacle avoidance only works in 4 directions (all but down). In most cases, only the front or rear sensors are being used to avoid obstacles (depending on the direction you're flying).

That is what I read in the manual on the App as well. It looked like the side sensors only work in beginner or tripod mode. Still, a big step up from my P3S. :)

Haven't flown the p4p yet, but my work opted to spend the extra $300 on top of the $1500 and purchase the p4p+ with integrated screen. I've logged maybe 2 hours of flight time with my personal p3s...which was worth the $380.

I have just been through the same question and finally decided on the P4Pro. It was all about the camera specs that made me go down the P4Pro line. Plus you do get additional features as well. loving it....

P4P has the new camera with 1 inch sensor. Big difference for photographers. I did not get the Plus as you are grounded if your built in monitor flakes out. DJI told me you CANNOT use your phone or tablet if that built in monitor has an issue. I already have the IPad Air2, so the extra cost and potentially being crippled if that monitor went out made my decision easy.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The deciding criteria is video image quality- P4 images can have some distortions particularly while filming high speed due to the electronic shutter - With a 1 inch sensor and a mechanical shutter, P4P video image is crystal clear even with the aircraft flying high speed. P3 also have that electronic shutter and produce the same kind of distortion. You can find YouTube video on the subject

My son has the P4 and I have the P4P. The cameras are both phenomenal IMHO, and I come from a photography background. The P4P is a bit faster and insane in sport mode. Some of the extra flight modes are nice, but overall both are incredible, and I do mean incredible, machines. For me, $600 is worth it. I'm older so money is less of the issue and I like having the latest and greatest

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj