P4 vs. P4 Pro filter size...?

Reaction score
Hey guys, is the P4 lens filter size and threading the same as the P4 Pro? I presume it's not, since my P3 filters are smaller than the P4 Pro and I believe the P3 and P4 are the same physical size filters. I do not own a P4 so I can't test them myself.

I'm thinking about pre-ordering a kit labeled as P4 Pro from Drone World. You guys like their filters?

Thanks!

Hey guys, is the P4 lens filter size and threading the same as the P4 Pro? I presume it's not, since my P3 filters are smaller than the P4 Pro and I believe the P3 and P4 are the same physical size filters. I do not own a P4 so I can't test them myself.

I'm thinking about pre-ordering a kit labeled as P4 Pro from Drone World. You guys like their filters?

Thanks!
You are correct, only P4P filters will fit the P4P. The barrel of the Pro is longer. I have not tried Drone Worlds filters, but PolarPros started shipping the other day I believe ;)

You are correct, only P4P filters will fit the P4P. The barrel of the Pro is longer. I have not tried Drone Worlds filters, but PolarPros started shipping the other day I believe ;)
PolarPro is only for preorder at the moment. They currently indicate Jan 19 as shipping date.

Right on, thanks guys. I hope the Drone World kit isn't like months away or something. I have a bunch of Lee ND filter gel that I can trim and stack on the lens in the meantime. Kind of ghetto fab but it works haha.

Speaking of ghetto fab... I was pretty disappointed nobody is making a straight CP filter for the P4P, so out of desparation I tried a filter from my P3... The thread diameter is definitely larger on the P4P, but I discovered that the rubber around the P4P lens actually grabs the P3 filter thread quite nicely! Here's a pic, you can see the actual receiver threading for the P4P behind the P3 filter... I've done a few flights this way, it is holding, no vignetting, etc! Ghetto fab FTW!

p2159442755-6.jpg

Speaking of ghetto fab... I was pretty disappointed nobody is making a straight CP filter for the P4P, so out of desparation I tried a filter from my P3... The thread diameter is definitely larger on the P4P, but I discovered that the rubber around the P4P lens actually grabs the P3 filter thread quite nicely! Here's a pic, you can see the actual receiver threading for the P4P behind the P3 filter... I've done a few flights this way, it is holding, no vignetting, etc! Ghetto fab FTW!

p2159442755-6.jpg
Hello there... the photo is locked, can I check how you do that? Thanks for attention!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20