P4 vs P3 still photo comaparison

Basically it fixes all the blurry mistakes that were in many lens that came with the P3P. Some P3P had perfect lens, but I've had two that had major blurring around the edges. New lens should prevent that.

Basically it fixes all the blurry mistakes that were in many lens that came with the P3P. Some P3P had perfect lens, but I've had two that had major blurring around the edges. New lens should prevent that.

I think those instances were cased by the misalignment of the lens on the sensor. Not necessarily a bad lens.

Have you seen the images and video that Ken(blade strike) and Ed posted? The quality is a huge step up from than the quality I was getting with my p3p. I have some raw video that Ken shared with me taken in log mode if you want to see it. Looks very close to my x3 footage.

DJI_0015.jpg

Reactions: BillH
Have you seen the images and video that Ken(blade strike) and Ed posted? The quality is a huge step up from than the quality I was getting with my p3p. I have some raw video that Ken shared with me taken in log mode if you want to see it. Looks very close to my x3 footage.

View attachment 46906

Yes, Ken and Ed's photos are nice. We've asked them to provide images taken side by side with the P3 to really compare. You realize that the P3P and X3 cameras are identical aside from the case, correct?

I have both, and they do not produce equal quality photos. I was upset with the p3p since I thought the video and images would be the same.

here is a video I shot with the p3p and inspire.(default settings on both with nd8 on both) You can clearly tell which are higher and lower quality.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes this is really what I'm looking forward to. My original P3P had a decent lens, but I had a couple of loaners after it crashed that were pathetic. Sent them back. Then when I got mine rebuilt from DJI it had a new camera which was not nearly as good as the original. Sad really - it's supposed to be a flying camera, more than just a super fun toy. Those videos in log mode look nice. Can't wait to test for myself.

I think those instances were cased by the misalignment of the lens on the sensor. Not necessarily a bad lens.
If it was misalignment of the sensor the whole image would have been out of focus, I went through 6 Phantom 3 Pros and all had different spots on the lense that wouldn't focus. I eventually sent the 6th one in to DJI and they replaced the camera and gimbal but then I had gimbal problems again so I just returned it to bestbuy for in store credit.

here is a video I shot with the p3p and inspire.(default settings on both with nd8 on both) You can clearly tell which are higher and lower quality.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Am I seeing correctly. It looked like one camera was sharp around the edges and the other camera was sharp from mid video on down.

View attachment 46906
Even though it appears an ND filter was used, it is apparent that the Phantom 4 still suffers from the same noise issue as the Phantom 3... check out the sky, just plenty of noise.

Even though it appears an ND filter was used, it is apparent that the Phantom 4 still suffers from the same noise issue as the Phantom 3... check out the sky, just plenty of noise.

All I notice is the nd filter type noise in the p4 videos. It is much better than what was getting from the p3p.

Am I seeing correctly. It looked like one camera was sharp around the edges and the other camera was sharp from mid video on down.

chromatic aberration is terrible on the p3p, and it is a little softer.

I'd say about 50% of all the P3 have blurry lens issues. Some worse than others. I've replaced 4 camera and all but one and the blur. The one that was perfect made photos easily that good. I think people all have blurry lens and don't realize it's a defect. I didn't know it was a defect on mine until I replaced the camera for another reason.

I'd say about 50% of all the P3 have blurry lens issues. Some worse than others. I've replaced 4 camera and all but one and the blur. The one that was perfect made photos easily that good. I think people all have blurry lens and don't realize it's a defect. I didn't know it was a defect on mine until I replaced the camera for another reason.

The p4 image actually looks better than the ones I take with my inspire, but I will know for certain once mine arrives to be able to compare.

Professional photographers will routinely say they would rather shoot with a cheaper camera with good glass/lens, than a more expensive camera with average glass. Sounds like the P4 now has good glass, I hope.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers