P4 Vision Position System piece fell off, issue?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and have purchased my first Phantom 4. After a few days and no crashes when I turned the P4 upside down I noticed within the 2 vision positioning systems there are two small silver circles in the middle of them. However one of them had come off. It looks like it was glued on and the adhesive didn't hold. I have found nothing online about this problem. I don't really fly the P4 indoors so i have not noticed any flight or stability issues outside but obviously I have GPS outside. If GPS for whatever reason gets lost do you think this will cause an issue? Has anyone else had this problem before? Attached are a few pics of me moving it around so you can see one has the little circle in the middle and the other one is moving around and not stuck in the middle.

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 471
  • File_001.jpeg
    File_001.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 369
  • File_002.jpeg
    File_002.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 438
Even if you fly outdoors, I would be scared that it misjudges the height and will do some crazy stuff. I read in the forums for example that someone installed a gimbal guard under the sensors and the phantom thought it was too close to the ground and started ascending like crazy.
Better turn off the visual positioning in the app until you can fix it or send it for repair...

I know the P3 has an option in the app to disable it, however I could not find it in the P4 app. Have they removed the option to turn it off?

Also as far as repairs go, I bought it about a week ago from Best Buy, is it worth replacing it? Or should i contact DJI to send it in for a warranty repair?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl