P4 Video playback problem

Reaction score
New pilot and flew my first flights out of eyesight. 1/2 mile then 1 mile. it was pretty awesome and in an urban area. I recorded video in the HD mode that is just below 4k and followed the recommended camera settings from Tom Tech guy. NSTC, etc. When I play back the video on my PC, just a blank screen. The first frame is fine before hitting play but when i play, nothing. White screen in VLC, crash PC in Windows 10 video player, nothing in Windows Movie Maker and nothing in Windows Media player.

Is this because my graphics card cannot handle the resolution? settings are wrong? The video file sizes and what I would expect.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I admit it was a bit of a pucker flight but super impressed with the response and reliability.

Did you pull the micro SD card and put it directly into the computer? Do you have a different computer you can try? I run video directly off of the SD card on my Windows 10 notebook without issue. It works fine with either file format.

4K in my laptop freezes, in my samsung tab4 witch I use to fly is choppy and pixallated. Graphic cards can't take it in my equipment. Anything above 1080p in my tv is choppy. Buy a P4 and you may need better equipment to view your videos.

New pilot and flew my first flights out of eyesight. 1/2 mile then 1 mile. it was pretty awesome and in an urban area. I recorded video in the HD mode that is just below 4k and followed the recommended camera settings from Tom Tech guy. NSTC, etc. When I play back the video on my PC, just a blank screen. The first frame is fine before hitting play but when i play, nothing. White screen in VLC, crash PC in Windows 10 video player, nothing in Windows Movie Maker and nothing in Windows Media player.

Is this because my graphics card cannot handle the resolution? settings are wrong? The video file sizes and what I would expect.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I admit it was a bit of a pucker flight but super impressed with the response and reliability.
get a dedicated graphics card instead of using onboard graphics. I bought a cheap graphics card off Amazon and it handles 4K video great. This is the one I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Thanks for the feedback. I transferred the file to my HP laptop and tried to run. I don't recall if I tried to run directly from the SD card but will try later. I guess I will have to use 1920 x 1280 for now until I get a system in place. I do not have a tower to install a graphics card. Maybe time to get a Mac Pro? Didn't plan on buying a new computer when purchasing the P4:(

Tried it on my work laptop that has a Nvidia Quadro K4100M video card. VLC would open the file and display just the first frame. If I move the slider into a different place the the frame will refresh. Can't keep up with the playback speed required.

The best I could do was play it in Quicktime. At 1x speed, it was super choppy and delayed. Slowed it down to 1/2x speed and it stepped through the video about 6
-8 frames/sec.

This is becoming a quick lesson in HD video playback, graphics cards, and why expensive toys are expensive:p

dusk over course.jpg

Yep, people do not realize how intensive h 4k video is, editing high fps 4k calls for even more power and will put all but the highest end computers with dedicated graphics to the test, editing 4k including the mostly expensive software/hardware needed, the space needed to save the media, showing and sending large files to friends and family who can't even watch them because they dont have 4k capablbility is a lot of hassle, high fps full 1080 is really much more feasible to be honest and will make your life much easier and happier.

MacBook pros handle the 4K fine

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers