P4 Updates

How do I update to new firmware for my P4?
How you plan to do it,,computer or through app,,,I always used app,,,if do in app you need OTG cable adapter which allows you to do from device into usb on p4,,always worked for me,,in app with red logo says firmware update required,click on and it will download to your device then OTG cable with usb cable makes mini usb to mini usb,this allows to be into device mini usb to p4 usb slot on drone , drone knows at this stage what going to happen and ask you to click on upgrade,then watch it so all go well,,,takes 10 to 15 min tops,,,,if can't understand my wording have check on utube as posted above,,,,,,,,yes firmware optional unless craft gets locked like mine did,,does not happen much but somehow I got it,my pic below shows,,,just a reminder that sometimes not doing firmware this can happen,,,some fly for years on old firmware with no issues so don't know how I got it,,,this gave me solid red lights on drone
Screenshot_20190205-101335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not update my P4 from the time I bought it new till a couple of months ago. Three years? Anyway I finally did and all is well. Some new gadgets and some better flying areas around some airports I need to fly. And it was not a problem at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20