P4 stick input - yaw video transmission

Reaction score
Hello fellow Phantom flyers:)

I'm new to the drone world and I wish I hadn't waited so long to do so.

Anyway, when I yaw my p4, the video looks choppy going back and forth. I've tried all the different video resolutions to no change. I was wondering if this will show up on video on my computer or is it just the transmission feed? And also is there a setting to help the choppiness when I yaw?

Thanks

Why don't you play the video on your computer? The one recorded on the sd card in the AC.
If it's still choppy then you can go from there.

Last edited:
Don't worry the choppy feed might be just a weak signal, make sure the antennas are straight forward and not crossed in any way, also your shutter speed might be to high. Hope this helps

Why don't you play the video on your computer? The one recorded on the sd card in the AC.
If it's still choppy then you can go from there.

Hey Max, I have a hp laptop with windows 7. Any suggestions on the best media software programs to download p4 videos to?

Try Windows Media Player that you have on your system.
Or this leight-weight player: Downloads · MPC-HC
Or VLC: VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS! - VideoLAN
With windows 7 you'll have an older note book and probably run into problems if you are recording 4K.
And for sure if you are using the codec h.265. You need a lot of power for this.

I'll suggest you start with lower video resolution, 30fps, codec h.264.
If you do it like me - starting with the highest settings only to find out that your hardware sucks frustration level is very high ;-)

With windows 7 you'll have an older note book and probably run into problems if you are recording 4K.
And for sure if you are using the codec h.265. You need a lot of power for this.

If you do it like me - starting with the highest settings only to find out that your hardware sucks frustration level is very high ;-)

Thanks bro, preciate it. I'll try to download at vid when I get off work this afternoon.

Hey bro, OMG, I'm embarrassed to even post video!!! I shot 4k 3840 x 2160 at 30 fps and it's TERRIBLE. Looks like it's buffering the whole time and glitchy too. I guess I'll try a lower res like 2.7k or lower and see what happens. Guess it might be time for new pc

Don't worry the choppy feed might be just a weak signal, make sure the antennas are straight forward and not crossed in any way, also your shutter speed might be to high. Hope this helps

I will, thanks bro!

I know what you are going through. I watched my first footage on a Lenovo Think Pad, 1 year old, upscale, Windows 10. Still a desaster!
Those Windows notebooks are aiming at different consumers.
I have always been on Windows but when I watched one of my videos on a friends MacBook I couldn't believe the difference in quality and smootheness.
Not that I have a Mac or MacBook now. But Apple products have better displays/graphic power compared to Windows products.
Until you go for REAL high end rendering. Then Windows comes into play again.
For now I gave up everything on the notebook and do everything on my (quite sophisticated) desktop PC.

I know what you are going through. I watched my first footage on a Lenovo Think Pad, 1 year old, upscale, Windows 10. Still a desaster!
Those Windows notebooks are aiming at different consumers.
I have always been on Windows but when I watched one of my videos on a friends MacBook I couldn't believe the difference in quality and smootheness.
Not that I have a Mac or MacBook now. But Apple products have better displays/graphic power compared to Windows products.
Until you go for REAL high end rendering. Then Windows comes into play again.
For now I gave up everything on the notebook and do everything on my (quite sophisticated) desktop PC.

****, well, like I said I'm going to mess around with the resolutions on my PC. And it may not get better! But, I have access to more powerful computers. I will give that a try and get back with you. One other question, for the video transmission feed choppiness, would you suggest anything else to alleviate that problem? (since my phone and tablet or my only choices at the moment) and also, thank you so much for the help. It's good to know there is a community that can assist a newbie with moderate computer and video knowledge :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20