P4 Side Sensor

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part name or number for the circular sensors located on each side of the P4?

I noticed on the side opposite of where the hdmi and sd card is the round circular sensor the tinted cover is missing (the other side there is one covering the sensor).

I took a close up pic of it and it looks like at one time it was there but looks like they are glued over the sensor but is missing. Anyone know what this is and where to get just that tinted piece of plastic?

They are the IR (Infra Red) covers for the IR sensors. You can contact DJI support directly via their website and they can send them to you. I have not seen them on any website as far as a replacement piece yet. I know that one of the small leg screw covers had fallen off of my P4P and I contacted them and beings I had just bought it directly from them they sent on't only the one but a complete set of 4.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure what they are called so now that I know I'll contact them and see if I can get one.

Just out of curiosity, do we even need those covers? I read somewhere someone recommend to remove them.

Just out of curiosity, do we even need those covers? I read somewhere someone recommend to remove them.
They will do two things, #1 it will help keep trash out of the inside. #2 they are red in color because they are infra red filters, they will only allow the IR light in while blocking the other light waves.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl