P4 Saved my House -- but my first crash all at the same time.

Reaction score
I had my first crash with the P4. First let me say I have logged over 17 hours/close more than 720,000ft already on the P4 -- The machine is awesome! No complaints. I did have one flight where gps/imu started acting up and my max height got restricted as I was flying (that scared me..) but on to the real story.

My wife is planning a party for one of our kids (18th birthday on Friday) she acquired some Japanese Lanterns (yes the flaming floating death tissues). Well any way --- she decided it would be a good idea to test one before Friday --- so 10:30pm on Weds night -- is the perfect time. It goes off --- looking good -- then the winds changed and now the nice pretty fire -- is on top of my roof -- and getting brighter --- (no ladder or hose could reach --- I did what only a truly addicted Phantom pilot would do... Ran in and got the quad... got it off the ground -- and into the air -- I was able to blow the flaming house eater off the roof -- and put it out --- but in the process -- the bird hit a prop and flipped onto a portion of the roof --- and that's where it is now --- (I'm waiting for someone to come help get it down...) It spent the night up there....

Not sure what all the damage is -- but I'm positive the least of it will be a couple broken props if I'm lucky.

But any way -- I did sacrifice the P4 for the roof of the house --- but hey (I did get DJI care -- just hoping I will not need it...)

That's awesome. Good job. Sucks about the crashed and stranded P4. I'm betting it's just damaged props also. Any chance of rain soon?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You and your P4 are heroes! You saved your house and your family. Bless your little P4 up there all alone on the roof with broken wings, having braved flames to save you all. It should get a medal! Great story [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The saddest part of it all -- I did not have my sd card in the bird :( -- I had just pulled it earlier after shooting some panos.
Just got off the phone with roofing co -- they will be out today -- to inspect and get her down.... (pics will follow)

DudeX (this was the flight before the fire...a couple of hours before...)

Glad all worked out. Did you record the heroic move by chance?

The roofer showed up and checked it all out -- We were lucky no damage on the roof -- but he did think we would have been in trouble if it would have stayed much longer...
They got the bird down -- and wifey just sent me a pic...
Seems maybe only some Prop damage -- I'll know more when I get home.

315.jpg

I'd ask wifey to take a pic of the gimbal area, just to make me feel good, as it does look like it's Ok!

I could not stay at work --- knowing I had an injured bird at home :) --- So Now I'm back to the house -- yep -- all the props are toast -- and some dust all over --- I'm about to go out and power it up and see how it goes.... I'll let you y'all know soon....

But so far -- looks "newish" will know more soon....

Safe Flying!

B.

is this supposed to be real??? it sounds completely made up to me. and of course there's no video... i dont know - just too many people faking for attention for me to be able to believe you acted quickly enough to put out a house fire with your drone.

is this supposed to be real??? it sounds completely made up to me. and of course there's no video... i dont know - just too many people faking for attention for me to be able to believe you acted quickly enough to put out a house fire with your drone.
You do realize the gentleman that you are insinuating is a liar, has a child that is two years your senior? Show some respect boy.

Everything was good --- Just had to replace all the props.
And clean off the dust (seems to get dusty when you grind into shingles)

As for making it up -- I wish I was that creative...
But whatever -- I hope all take what they read on the internet with a suspicious eye!
(as for house fire -- it was just the Lantern -- that was burning -- but could not tell from the ground -- When roofing co. came out today -- they examined the area -- and it was scorched -- but not that bad they stated. (I was lucky)

But as for the Phantom 4 -- it's a sturdy bird -- and I feel lucky I did not have to send it off for repairs.

Back to flying.

Fly safe you guys!

B.

When you did a test on motors, without propellers...

Does the motors, sound balanced?

When you did a test on motors, without propellers...

Does the motors, sound balanced?
Yea,. No strange sounds when I fired it up. Really the biggest problem was getting one of the props off. It was broken at the cap portion and was super difficult to get to release..
First flight I just let it hover for half a bat.. After that I felt she could be trusted again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.