P4 remote with a2 or a3 flight controller

Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some expert help here. I want to use my phantom 4 remote with an s900 setup using either a2 or a3 flight controller. Setup will be single pilot operation just for photos. Is this possible? I would rather just keep using the remote I already have (p4) rather than purchase a futaba etc

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Feel free to correct me on this, but as DJI only sells either the LightBridge 2 with a ground unit, or just the ground unit, I don't think you need any other controller. Visually identical to the P4's RC, but presumably much more powerful internals, as it costs $800 by itself.

LB2 only works with LB2 specific controllers as far as I am aware.

I thought the P4 controllers had LB2 built into them??
No, not even the Inspire 1 has LB2 yet. The P4 uses the exact same Lightbridge (LB1) as the P3A/P, which is why they have the same controller, and are cross-compatible.

I had a look at that for my S900. My understanding is that you can do LB2+A2 or A3 and having your 900 acting like a P3/4, (as advertised on the DJI Website)except for the camera settings that remain "manual", unless you attach an X5. The remote controller comes with the LB2 if it was the question. That makes the things way easier! Personally I'm not sure I want to go for the expense since I use already a connex for HD transmission, but it is definitely tempting. Maybe you can check the groups on facebook, more chances to get the right info than here I guess...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic