P4 Rc question

You should see RC version when RC and P4 are also connected

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Power cycle all, had the same problem at first after GO app 3.0 update. This update is CRAP!. All the eggs in one basket for everything DJI came out with. Should be separate GO apps for different applications.

As I'm facing same issue as driehl, RC version N/A since last update (1.8?) and Video dropouts during flight, I was in contact with "DJI chat" and they couldn't help me.
I tried to update/downgrade my RC using a USB-Stick but this seams not possible for P4 RC (only P3 RC can be updated via USB Stick?). Does someone knows where to download the right *.bin files for a P4 RC and knows how to apply them to the RC?
I'm using app 3.1.0 (tested also 2.* versions but same issue) and latest FW on the Copter.

Not sure what I did ..but I ended up powering up as usual...then shut off the p4 leaving the app and the rc on. Then it allowed me to downgrade rc via go app to 1.60.. All is good now. 3 miles easy no dropouts .

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Turbomania
Success! Possibly this might help others having the weak Video signal issue due to RC FW Version > 1.6.0 and the RC FW Version not downgradable via the app as it is displayed as N/A.
I'll post a few different things I've done and not all might be needed but at least it worked for me:
1) Via USB connect P4 to PC and use DJI Assistant 2,
1a. Restore Factory Defaults
1b. update P4 to latest FW 1.2.602
disconnect P4 from PC
2) insert a fresh SD-Card in P4 and format it via the DJI Go app (as I found a logfile on my old Card saying something about version 1.8.* installed)
3) performed a IMU calibration
4) Today My Samsung TabS asked to update to Android 6.0.1 and after that also the DJI GO app asked to update the 3.1.0 Version (yes there is a updated Version dated 25.11.2016).

It works again. The app Displays correctly the RC FW Version and lets me downgrade to 1.6.0 (even would be 1.5.8 available)

Testflight and nearly no Video issues anymore!!!
Looks like the RC Version 1.6.0 is key for stable Video.
(Think, my Chat with DJI Support ended with "you will have to return it to the factory! I'm sorry I couldn't help you")

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic