P4 question

Reaction score
If you buy a P4 can you use the remote controller from a PIII professional that's already modded?! TIA

Yes however some buttons will be marked different than their function. Like the flight mode switch and the play button by the top right thumb wheel is actually a pause automatic flight button.

Yes however some buttons will be marked different than their function. Like the flight mode switch and the play button by the top right thumb wheel is actually a pause automatic flight button.
Small qualification here.... Only the 300C variant of P3 remote will fly a P4.

Not phone help in this instance John, DJI forum. Agreed it may be wrong but it is from a DJI rep.
DJI Amy was wrong about P3 Pro/Advanced Filters fitting the P4, she said they wouldn't fit. Anyhow I could see the GL300A controller not working but the others have no reason not to work.

DJI Amy was wrong about P3 Pro/Advanced Filters fitting the P4, she said they wouldn't fit. Anyhow I could see the GL300A controller not working but the others have no reason not to work.
No reason not to work based on what? Google searches or some relavent technical insight into lightbridge or other transmission protocol and specifics of controller hardware revision differences?

Would appreciate the benefit of your knowledge/ source of information.

No reason not to work based on what? Google searches or some relavent technical insight into lightbridge or other transmission protocol and specifics of controller hardware revision differences?

Would appreciate the benefit of your knowledge/ source of information.
There was a significant change in hardware between GL300A and GL300B, the difference between GL300B and GL300C is not so great. If you want to research it you can check the FCC files for each revision. Somewhere on this forum I posted fcc links for each controller version but a quick Google search would probably produce the same results. Since the GL300C and B controllers were interchangeable on the P3, I assume the receiver and transmitter are compatible with the P4. The Apple Store near me had the GL300C controller with the Phantom 3 Pro in stock until about a month ago and there are reports of people on this forum being shipped the GL300c with their P3P.

There was a significant change in hardware between GL300A and GL300B, the difference between GL300B and GL300C is not so great. If you want to research it you can check the FCC files for each revision. Somewhere on this forum I posted fcc links for each controller version but a quick Google search would probably produce the same results. Since the GL300C and B controllers were interchangeable on the P3, I assume the receiver and transmitter are compatible with the P4. The Apple Store near me had the GL300C controller with the Phantom 3 Pro in stock until about a month ago and there are reports of people on this forum being shipped the GL300c with their P3P.
Your assumption may prove to be correct however seems baseless (to the extent it is not based on conclusive facts). Amy may or may not be correct also.

FCC info doesnt provide the answer.

Guess we will know when people actually try and bind remotes.

Your assumption may prove to be correct however seems baseless (to the extent it is not based on conclusive facts). Amy may or may not be correct also.

FCC info doesnt provide the answer.

Guess we will know when people actually try and bind remotes.
Fact: GL300C has been shipped with W323B Phantom 3 Pro
Fact: GL300C has been shipped with Phantom 4
Fact: GL300B controller has also shipped with W323B Phantom 3 Pro
Fact: GL300B controller has shipped with W323A Phantom 3 Pro
I think my assumptions are based in facts

Fact: GL300C has been shipped with W323B Phantom 3 Pro
Fact: GL300C has been shipped with Phantom 4
Fact: GL300B controller has also shipped with W323B Phantom 3 Pro
Fact: GL300B controller has shipped with W323A Phantom 3 Pro
I think my assumptions are based in facts
Agreed facts but not of value to the issue at hand or of assistance to supporting your assumption.

If the 300B had shipped with the phantom4 your argument may have a reasonable basis.

I almost wish you had some appreciation of my demeanor while typing this response. I suspect you are being unreasonably defensive.

My question was simply on what basis you question DJI's advice with respect to this issue. You have explained it is based on your assumption, i am grateful for the further clarification you provided re compatability of various controllers other than the 300C with P3P's however that does not assist in demonstrating phantom4 compatability.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub