P4 Propeller adaptors for P3?

Reaction score
Anyone started to think about if it's possible to mill an adaptor for the P3 that would go on the motor and convert it from the normal P3 propellers to the P4 quick release type? In theory it seems like it should be possible since it looks wider for the P4. I don't have one so not sure if it looks how I think it should

Here are the specs from P3 props:
Basics: each propeller weights 13g, diameter and screw pitch is 24×12.7cm.

And the P4 props
Basics: each propeller weights 11g, diameter and screw pitch is 24×12.7cm.

My guess is the metal screw insert in the P3 props add some extra weight.

Anyone have a mill shop to try and build a set?

Anyone started to think about if it's possible to mill an adaptor for the P3 that would go on the motor and convert it from the normal P3 propellers to the P4 quick release type? In theory it seems like it should be possible since it looks wider for the P4. I don't have one so not sure if it looks how I think it should

Here are the specs from P3 props:
Basics: each propeller weights 13g, diameter and screw pitch is 24×12.7cm.

And the P4 props
Basics: each propeller weights 11g, diameter and screw pitch is 24×12.7cm.

My guess is the metal screw insert in the P3 props add some extra weight.

Anyone have a mill shop to try and build a set?
Hmmmm... Just wonder why you'd bother? It takes 30 seconds to mount all four props, and you'd be introducing a potential POF? Just my view of course....

Well it seems that with the P2, I noticed that the threads on the motors would start to fatigue after a while, since it's metal on metal in the props. The props can always be replaced when the threads go bad but for the Phantom one would need to replace the motors. If we had adaptors just like the P4 you would stick them on once and never remove them, in theory you could loctite them on. Any issues with the prop would most likely break at the hub or quick-release sinces it's plastic on the P4 props instead of damaging the motor or mount. I know I would much prefer to just replace a prop than a motor.

Of course most people won't bother with this, but there are people that do all sorts of mods that aren't really necessary just for the sake of doing something, like extending range or adding a 2nd battery. I'm guessing most people won't care but some would be interested.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4