P4 Pro Stock UV Filter glass came loose!

Reaction score
Anyone had any luck with putting tiny beads of Cyan glue in stock cover to stick it back in place? They are 39 bucks for a new one!

LOL! Yeah I def know that the UV Filter screws on. But I mean't the glass came totally loose . Barely touched it with a cleaning cloth and the glass or plastic just popped out! Glass is still fine but wondering if anyone has ever glued this glass piece back in.

LOL! Yeah I def know that the UV Filter screws on. But I mean't the glass came totally loose . Barely touched it with a cleaning cloth and the glass or plastic just popped out! Glass is still fine but wondering if anyone has ever glued this glass piece back in.

I had exactly the same problem with my original P4. When I tried to re-mount the glass filter, it broke into 3 pieces. I was PO'd because of the $39 replacement chg. I called DJI support and basically tore them a new as---le. They had me send them a photo and a week later, a new one arrived (in a huge box with nothing else). No note, no callback, nothing. But they replaced it no charge.

BTW, I found one on eBay in a black mounting ring for $11. I went ahead and bought it as a spare. It fit perfectly and I included it when I sold the P4 to upgrade to the P4P.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
my stock uv lens shattered on landing so I got circular polariser to replace it, the only problem is that you need to orient it before flight to get better saturation and clarity

a couple of tiny spots of glue are fine to hold it in. Don't use any cyanoacrylate/superglue/solvent based glues though - they tend not to play nicely with lenses/cameras

Anyone had any luck with putting tiny beads of Cyan glue in stock cover to stick it back in place? They are 39 bucks for a new one!
87e41b43c4aeb0f4c5ef36baec57d0fc.jpg

d8a2dcaabc8ded4f7a522a239e447bfb.jpg

ROFL I thought the glass was loose and free by design, and I cursed it every time I had to swap filters. I have been battling that thing since I bought my P4P. I'm just going to buy a Polar Pro UV filter to replace it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub