P4 Pro + problems from outset setting up, help please.

Reaction score
Received the P4 Pro + yesterday
I have set up the controller and activated the P4. All seems ok but I cannot rid the controller
of the 'magnetic field interference - fly with caution’ signal in the status bar. It does not matter how far I go
into the wilderness and wear nothing remotely metal etc.

I get a message saying ‘restart aircraft’ on the aircraft staus menu screen. Which I do - but the message never goes away on subsequent restarts.

I also get a pop up message saying "satellite positioning is off - fly with caution". Although Flight Mode is set to ‘P’

The gimbal also sometimes rocks up and down on start-up and doesnt seem to stop without moving, restarting, or calibration of compass.

I have flown the new P4 and it seems ok but I am reluctant to use it further and risk a crash without getting the 'Safe To Fly’ signal on the controller
and resolving other issues. I am fairly experienced with DJI Phantoms but could be doing something wrong.

Any ideas out there?
All help gratefully received.

Peter in Cornwall, UK

I cannot rid the controller
of the 'magnetic field interference - fly with caution’ signal in the status bar. It does not matter how far I go
into the wilderness and wear nothing remotely metal etc.
A compass error that won't go away is often an indication of a physical problem with a compass.
It could be that one of the compasses is faulty.
Go to the sensors section of the app settings and see what it tells you about compass data.
I get a message saying ‘restart aircraft’ on the aircraft staus menu screen. Which I do - but the message never goes away on subsequent restarts.
I've not seen or heard of that so can't help on it.
I also get a pop up message saying "satellite positioning is off - fly with caution". Although Flight Mode is set to ‘P’
Does that message go away?
It's normal to see that message when the Phantom is warming up and acquiring satellites.
It normally goes away when the Phantom acquires enough satellites.

A compass error that won't go away is often an indication of a physical problem with a compass.
It could be that one of the compasses is faulty.
Go to the sensors section of the app settings and see what it tells you about compass data.

I've not seen or heard of that so can't help on it.

Does that message go away?
It's normal to see that message when the Phantom is warming up and acquiring satellites.
It normally goes away when the Phantom acquires enough satellites.
Yes it does go away - I guess it just adds to my concern that something is wrong.
but thanks for explaining that.

the satellite message goes away I mean.

I looked at the sensor menu. There were figures for one of the compasses, the first compass had no data at all. Should both have figures against them
thanks for helping.

the satellite message goes away I mean.

I looked at the sensor menu. There were figures for one of the compasses, the first compass had no data at all. Should both have figures against them
thanks for helping.
The GPS message is perfectly normal then.
You can watch the number of sats increase to about 9-10 and then you will get the green Ready to Fly GPS message.

The compass story isn't so good.
I'd be talking to whoever I bought it from to see about a replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20