P4 Pro Obstacle Avoidance Question

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a Phantom 4 and am thinking of selling it to upgrade to a P4 Pro. I have this question first. I have heard that the obstacle avoidance feature on the P4 Pro is only available in beginner mode and tripod mode. Is this true? Are there any firmware updates that make this feature available in all modes? Also, can someone explain tripod mode. Just trying to decide whether it is worth it to upgrade to a P4 Pro or should I just keep what I have. Any input is welcome.

Thanks,
Paul

I am the proud owner of a Phantom 4 and am thinking of selling it to upgrade to a P4 Pro. I have this question first. I have heard that the obstacle avoidance feature on the P4 Pro is only available in beginner mode and tripod mode. Is this true? Are there any firmware updates that make this feature available in all modes? Also, can someone explain tripod mode. Just trying to decide whether it is worth it to upgrade to a P4 Pro or should I just keep what I have.
What you've heard is a bit mixed up.
Obstacle avoidance on the P4 pro works just as you are used yo on the P4 except that you also get rearward facing sensors.
And there are infra-red sensors on the sides. These are what only work in Beginner and Tripod modes.

The biggest reason to upgrade is for the camera which is a huge improvement photographically.
Other features are more incremental upgrades.
You can compare features here: Consumer Drones Comparison- DJI

What you've heard is a bit mixed up.
Obstacle avoidance on the P4 pro works just as you are used yo on the P4 except that you also get rearward facing sensors.
And there are infra-red sensors on the sides. These are what only work in Beginner and Tripod modes.

The biggest reason to upgrade is for the camera which is a huge improvement photographically.
Other features are more incremental upgrades.
You can compare features here: Consumer Drones Comparison- DJI
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4