P4 PRO Help! Sport mode on NEW Unit w/0 3 way switch

Reaction score
OK, I have a brand new P4Pro and cannot figure out how to switch to sport mode. I've read manual (which sucks btw), watched all DJI tutorials, read forums and everyone is talking about the OLD style controller with the 3 way switch. The new one just has a small red button that is supposed to switch modes. I've gone through all of the software settings, turned on the "enable multiple flight modes" turned it OFF, tried the small red button, while in flight, while hovering, while sitting on the ground... Nothing.... Does no one else have the brand new one yet? thanks for any help..

everyone is talking about the OLD style controller with the 3 way switch.
The 3 way switch is at the top, left corner of the remote controller. You'll need to remove the sticker that's covering it (if you haven't done so already).

2970517_orig.jpg

Reactions: KingDad1985
That's the first I've heard of any new controller.
What is the model number on the sticker underneath?
Dah... sorry, I did not notice it was a sticker covering up the button, I thought the white sticker was part of the plastic body! Now it all makes sense!! I've been flying it for several months with the sticker still on! Now that the sticker is peeled off, I see the 3 way switch!

Can you post a pic? Maybe you are looking on the wrong side of the RC?
there was a white sticker with a hole in it so the switch was sticking out. I thought the sticker was part of the body because it looked like it was.. Dah... now it makes sense, after I pulled the sticker off I could see the switch positions! Rookie..... :)

Dah... sorry, I did not notice it was a sticker covering up the button, I thought the white sticker was part of the plastic body! Now it all makes sense!! I've been flying it for several months with the sticker still on! Now that the sticker is peeled off, I see the 3 way switch!
Hey, at least you waited several months before jumping into sports mode. [emoji16]

there was a white sticker with a hole in it so the switch was sticking out. I thought the sticker was part of the body because it looked like it was.. Dah... now it makes sense, after I pulled the sticker off I could see the switch positions! Rookie..... :)
Hahaha! Yes! Msinger suggested that.

Hey, at least you waited several months before jumping into sports mode. [emoji16]
yeah, didn't have a use for it.. That sticker was real flat, and of course white, just like the body of the controller and with the red switch sticking out it looked natural!

That's the first I've heard of any new controller.
What is the model number on the sticker underneath?
see my other replies. It had that white sticker on it, which looked to be part of the controller body, and the red switch was sticking out as it should be (looked normal...). The button pushed in.. I didn't realize it was a sticker.. After closer inspection I figured it out... Been flying it for several months like that.... :) Thanks.

Now I'm trying to delete thread...
This thread could be useful for someone else. I've seen other people run into this issue.

hahaha! :D

Don't feel bad. I thought my clamp was broken as I couldn't figure out how to get my tablet in it. Then I found out about the clear tape that kept it from opening up. Doh! :rolleyes:

see my other replies. It had that white sticker on it, which looked to be part of the controller body, and the red switch was sticking out as it should be (looked normal...). The button pushed in.. I didn't realize it was a sticker.. After closer inspection I figured it out... Been flying it for several months like that.... :) Thanks.

if you are trying to get my forum dummy position, forget it, you aint got a chance!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4