P4 Pro arrives today. Two quick questions.

Reaction score
I have a P4Pro showing up today. Is there a "best practice guide" for the initial configuration? I have found bits and pieces but I have not come across a good trusted guide to go by. Also, is there any way to run the Go app from a Surface Pro?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Update the firmware on the craft and radio.Calibrate the imu and then the compass. Go fly :)

Go App is Android and iOS compatible.

Wait til you see the quality of video and stills on the 4 pro @ high res. Its mind blowing!!

Do not calibrate the IMU unless the app tells you. It's calibrated in a very controlled environment at the factory and doing it unnecessarily can create problems where none existed.

At most calibrate the compass, but even then I don't do that unless the craft isn't flying correctly. If it flies perfect out of the box why try to fix what isn't broke.

I calibrated the IMU write out of the box and it works great after firmware update. I toke a piece of plywood and leveled it the done my calibration. I went out in the desert ware there was no metal or power lines. Then the compass calibration. I bout a p4 two months ago and didn't calibrate. It was a total disaster. Trust me on this one:)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bout? Toke? Dont quite understand what your trying to say. " I toke a piece of plywood and leveled it the done my calibration." leveled it the done my calibration? I would love to trust you as you obviously have more experience than me with these drones. Are you saying we should or should not calibrate it again new out of the box?

Thanks. :)

Read the online manual a few times before flying. DJI does not recommend or mention needing to calibrate the IMU's unless there is an issue. Follow the directions for first flight (which includes a compass calibration).

Shipping can affect the imu so I have and always will calibrate after shipment, but then only calibrate when the app calls for after that.

I calibrated the IMU write out of the box and it works great after firmware update. I toke a piece of plywood and leveled it the done my calibration. I went out in the desert ware there was no metal or power lines. Then the compass calibration. I bout a p4 two months ago and didn't calibrate. It was a total disaster. Trust me on this one:)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Anecdote is anecdotal. :p I've had a P4 and P4P neither of which did I do any calibration of anything and both worked perfectly.

An easy way to find a level spot to calibrate on is using the built in app on iOS. Same as the compass.

I did and it worked well, flies straight as an arrow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20