P4 Precision Landing

Reaction score
Hi
General question if anyone knows are DJI going to do a update for the P4 and add the precision landing function?
I know that the P4 pro uses its camera to take pics of where it took off from and uses these as well as the vps sensors to land but I can't see why the P4 can't do the same.
Would be interested to hear your views

Cheers

Nobody knows for sure, but I doubt they will. They rarely go back and add major new features to old aircraft.

Hi
General question if anyone knows are DJI going to do a update for the P4 and add the precision landing function?
I know that the P4 pro uses its camera to take pics of where it took off from and uses these as well as the vps sensors to land but I can't see why the P4 can't do the same.
Would be interested to hear your views

Cheers

It only uses vps it does not use the camera, the camera can be facing forward and does not need to face towards the ground to enable precision landing

Precision landing requires capturing of ground images with its coordinates and orientation along with a fast algorithm for pattern matching. This requires enough storage space and computing power in the aircraft CPU.

I m not sure if P4 has comparable values to P4P.

The P4 will be discontinued in two weeks.
That would be really astonishing if DJI upgrades it in its last days.

I don't know much about the P4P, but since I have considerable interest in the flight hardware of my P4, I did some research into the visual positioning system and get an idea of how it works and what its limits are so that I can fly more safely. I'll post a link at the end, but what I've found is that the vision positioning, tap to fly, and object tracking are handled by a visual flow processing chip made by Movidius, the "Myriad 2" chip. Actually pretty impressive with 12 processors and some quite specialized bits as well. Although the hardware was provided for the Phantom 4 series by Movidius, if I read correctly the firmware coding is written by DJI, so seems like some upgrades might well be possible.

Applications | Machine Vision Technology | Movidius

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31