P4 / P4P Interchanging Batteries

Reaction score
I have both models P4/P4P. Before the P4P arrived I went through the battery firmware upgrades on all 5.

A few times I have noticed that the P4P will warn about inconsistent firmware when flying on a P4 battery. I am guessing it may want to update the firmware on the battery. Anyone else run into this or know what will happen when a P4P updated battery goes back into the P4?

I'll try and document my observations over the next couple of flights to see if I can come up with what actually happens.

Ok here is what I found. This is using the Go App 4

Tested all five of my P4 batteries in the P4P, 4 of the five wanted to do a firmware update. The 5th was previously in the field. I allowed each one to update and restart the AC. No more warning for firmware.

Fired up the P4 with the updated batteries and got a firmware warning. I had it skip the update.

So it looks the P4 and P4P use different firmware settings. Will have to do some controlled flights so I can capture logs to compare the version signatures.

Not sure if this is going to make much of a difference unless you push a P4 battery to the limits in a P4P where it may think it has more reserve than it actually does.

This may also explain some of the messages from DJI support saying not to use the P4 battery in the P4P.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj