P4 on Casey Neistat

Just watched this and thought, man this is literally textbook example what people should not be doing with a new drone. Didn't read any instructions, almost didn't calibrate anything. Sent it off without a plan, didn't know how to get it back, flying it over people. Not knowing local flying laws. And people wonder why Phantoms have a bad reputation.

Just watched this and thought, man this is literally textbook example what people should not be doing with a new drone. Didn't read any instructions, almost didn't calibrate anything. Sent it off without a plan, didn't know how to get it back, flying it over people. Not knowing local flying laws. And people wonder why Phantoms have a bad reputation.
He was a little rough with things. Throwing his battery and the tx on his tablet. He may not be flying long.

He commented that he was sure he was flying legally. Do you have any information to indicate otherwise.

In Casey's defense, he's sent a ton of free stuff every day. As such, I don't think he's overly worried about damaging most things. He's used/hired drone flyers in the past to help with his films/videos so he is familiar with them in general and thinks very highly of them. This is also a vlog... so it needs to be "interesting". If everything went perfectly it would not be as interesting.

Well he did get it for free, even if he has to return it he didn't drop $1400 on it so he didn't really care. The rough, make it happen is part of his style, especially for Youtube vlogs that he does, that isn't such a big thing. I noticed the beach landing the lights on it were red which does mean he's hit his low battery threshold. However in the first part of the clip he's also lost signal on his first flight because he doesn't know how far it is or how long the battery lasts. He almost loses it and wouldn't doubt he would blame a "fly away" when it was clearly user error.

Reactions: David Cooke
He commented that he was sure he was flying legally. Do you have any information to indicate otherwise.

In Casey's defense, he's sent a ton of free stuff every day. As such, I don't think he's overly worried about damaging most things. He's used/hired drone flyers in the past to help with his films/videos so he is familiar with them in general and thinks very highly of them. This is also a vlog... so it needs to be "interesting". If everything went perfectly it would not be as interesting.
He says "I don't know what South African laws are around here for drone flight, I'm sure it's fine" then proceeds to take off in a public park in the city.

Hobby Drone Pilots

Yes he does get a lot of new products to test and producers hope that he reviews them to his 2.4 million subscribers, and they are much more exciting than a lot of the people doing unboxing and reviews, just would have liked him to be a bit more responsible about it. He does have a great eye for camera work and editing, have to give him that.

edit: adding in SA drone law.

I think he may know a lot more than he is letting on but it's funnier to act like he doesn't...textbook entertainer.

DJI is getting what it wants, that was the purpos of this video. It shows that a complete novice (wich he isnt because he is familiare with the P3 and other drones) can fly the P4 and still get really nice footage. Plus I had a laugh. I think there are people out there that will buy a P4 after watching this video.

I think he may know a lot more than he is letting on but it's funnier to act like he doesn't...textbook entertainer.
This.

I thought it was really entertaining - no, it wasn't hugely informative but i was never expecting it to be - and the fact he was able to get the shots he did while at the beach (absolutely gorgeous footage by the way if you didn't make it that far in the video) and edit it really well shows he actually is rather competent.

Reactions: NormanNormal
I don't know this guy, but I am hoping the complete buffoon shtick is just some sort of act. He will not have that Phantom 4 for long if this is how seriously he really takes ownership and piloting.

This.

I thought it was really entertaining - no, it wasn't hugely informative but i was never expecting it to be - and the fact he was able to get the shots he did while at the beach (absolutely gorgeous footage by the way if you didn't make it that far in the video) and edit it really well shows he actually is rather competent.

Yes! Casey Neistat is awesome ! If you don't watch him...you should start!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GoodnNuff
P4 - so easy Casey can use it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

He knows what he's doing...look at his vlog posted today some good footage from (i'd imagine) the P4

have you seen yesterdays vlog?

he takes off from a boat in central park...
isnt central park a nofly zone?
if so, how was he able to take off?
at the end he crashes the drone to a tree and "magically" it appears in the lake.

so like cale262 says im pretty sure he really knows what he is doing and how to fly, and acts like if hes a noob, but how is it that he can take off in manhattan (from his appartment, in central park, etc)?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik