P4 now records sound

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
Is there a setting you need to switch on?
DJI-GO-Record-Audio-With-Video-Cache.jpg

That's not the p4 recording, but the Go app. It's using the microphone on your tablet/phone to record with the lower resolution video that the app receives and records. Useful, but not the same as on-aircraft recording. Firmware update wouldn't magically create a microphone on the AC!

Reactions: N017RW
That's not the p4 recording, but the Go app. It's using the microphone on your tablet/phone to record with the lower resolution video that the app receives and records. Useful, but not the same as on-aircraft recording. Firmware update wouldn't magically create a microphone on the AC!

Yes, this is useful... I frequently will make "notations" or comments throughout the flight... I normally do this using the AZ Screen Recorder app....

Yes, this is useful... I frequently will make "notations" or comments throughout the flight... I normally do this using the AZ Screen Recorder app....
Has anyone noticed when reviewing videos in dji go editor while this option is enabled, there is a weird blurr out effect that occurs during the last few seconds of the video? Sound would still be playing but the video is not viewable. I haven't tried it again to see if it was a glitch but it definitely happened the first time I used this feature.

Regards,

P4 sound will record the sound of your propellers lol and probably nothing else

Apparently it's your tablet/phone doing the audio recording.... there is no microphone on the aircraft itself.... so as soon as it moved away from you then you'd hear everything around you.

Ok why would you want to record the sound at your takeoff point? Surely better to do any voice overs in a sound controlled environment
I can see if you are doing live streaming on a budget. I found it wasn't bad the few videos of mine I watched. Not broadcast quality but not as bad as you would think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers