P4 Newb. Retractable landing?

Reaction score
Whats going on ladies and gentlemen, new here and introducing myself. Part time photographer/videographer/hobbyist, picked up a p4 brand new for 1100, and just waiting for everything to come in. Not too shabby...

My questions:

-Has anyone already come up with a setup to make the P4 landing gear retractable? is it possible as compared to the P3? I always have to tinker with things... :p

-Is there an alternative to paying $130 a battery on amazon?

There's likely very little demand for retracts on a Phantom 4 since the camera doesn't swivel. The retract kits for the P3 didn't sell very well because it adds weight and hinders the down thrust from the props when the gear is up, theoretically hindering flight time. Lastly, if you crash the craft you would have nothing to guard the camera from getting trashed. Is it worth all these negatives to look cool with retracts? Most will say no, and that's why nobody makes them as a P4 aftermarket accessory, to my knowledge.

There are wires located in the gear, I believe they are for the compass some can correct me if this is not their function. So retracts are out.

Yes. Compass and antennas are located on/in the gear.
It would take a lot of tinkering to overcome the reorientation that would occur by rotating the gear.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik