P4 ND filter advise needed

Reaction score
Hi sorry I know there is a couple threads of this topic . I bought this set of ND filter for my p3 standard . Sold the standard and wanted to know if I can use this on my p4 . With the adapter I'm able to fit on p4 but not sure if it's safe for the gimbal before I start using it . Please find attached picture. Please anyone with suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 1461177446136.jpg
    1461177446136.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 678
It is my understanding that the Advanced and Pro filters will fit the P4 but not those from the standard.

It is my understanding that the Advanced and Pro filters will fit the P4 but not those from the standard.
Right on , the filters by them selves do not screw on the p4 ring. How ever the adapter you see in pic does slide right in. I should say with the weight of the adapter plus filter should that be okay with gimbal?

Same. I bought these thinking the screw on, however they slip on. Not sure how the gimbal will react. Not sure if i should send them back...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was at the NAB show in Vegas last week. I talked with one of the guys in the Polar Pro booth who said that they're coming out with filters for the P4 at the end of the month that will fit a bit better then the previous filters. He said there will not be a small gap between the filter and lens.
I believe he said there will be more options as far as not having to buy a 3 pack and such, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bigdz
The Phantom 4 filters are now out.
We have the regular 3-Pack available now which includes: CP, ND4, ND8:
DJI Phantom 4 Filter 3-Pack

In a week we will have 2 new limited edition 3-Packs Launching.

Two weeks out the single filters arrive.

These filters are longer than the P3 filters which give it a perfect factory fit on the P4.

-Jeff

The Phantom 4 filters are now out.
We have the regular 3-Pack available now which includes: CP, ND4, ND8:

In a week we will have 2 new limited edition 3-Packs Launching.

Two weeks out the single filters arrive.

These filters are longer than the P3 filters which give it a perfect factory fit on the P4.

-Jeff

Excellent, will they also fit with the P4 gimbal lock? I bought your P3 3 pack for my P4 but of course the gimbal lock does not fit when they are installed.

Excellent, will they also fit with the P4 gimbal lock? I bought your P3 3 pack for my P4 but of course the gimbal lock does not fit when they are installed.

The filters will not be compatible with the factory gimbal lock, however we are making a much sleeker gimbal lock which will be compatible with our filters.

The filters will not be compatible with the factory gimbal lock, however we are making a much sleeker gimbal lock which will be compatible with our filters.

Thank you. I assume the new designed gimbal lock will work with the P3 style filters I have?

So Polar Pro can't make ND filters that are physically identical to DJI and TACO to be compatible with the stock P4 gimbal lock? Your saying we have to buy your gimbal lock in order to use your filters? It's implied you have new ND filters for P4, but it sounds like they are physically the same as the P3 filters if they don't fit the P4 gimbal lock.

So Polar Pro can't make ND filters that are physically identical to DJI and TACO to be compatible with the stock P4 gimbal lock? Your saying we have to buy your gimbal lock in order to use your filters? It's implied you have new ND filters for P4, but it sounds like they are physically the same as the P3 filters if they don't fit the P4 gimbal lock.
Hi John,
We decided to make our filters with better glass than the DJI filters, this glass is thicker so the filters don't have the same form factor. The CP and ND/PL filters also have a rotating ring which give it a different form factor than a basic ND filter. If that is the deciding factor, I can help you out and send our gimbal lock with the purchase of the new P4 filters (or any other Phantompilots users).

Just shoot me an email and we will get you taken care of: [email protected]

Hi John,
We decided to make our filters with better glass than the DJI filters, this glass is thicker so the filters don't have the same form factor. The CP and ND/PL filters also have a rotating ring which give it a different form factor than a basic ND filter. If that is the deciding factor, I can help you out and send our gimbal lock with the purchase of the new P4 filters (or any other Phantompilots users).

Excellent offer. Too bad I just purchased the P3 filters a couple of weeks ago from you, I would have waited for the P4 version. I got the 3 pack up to ND8 but really need the 16 and 32 as I live in a snowy environment and it is very bright.

Excellent offer. Too bad I just purchased the P3 filters a couple of weeks ago from you, I would have waited for the P4 version. I got the 3 pack up to ND8 but really need the 16 and 32 as I live in a snowy environment and it is very bright.

The Cinema Series 3-Pack for the Phantom 4 will be available in 1 week (ND16, ND32, ND64). If you want to exchange the one you purchased we can definitely do that for you. You can either shoot me an email or use the contact page on our site.

Jeff

Hi John,

What is the cost for the ND filters for phantom 4? And what's included ? Thanks

Edgar

The Cinema Series 3-Pack for the Phantom 4 will be available in 1 week (ND16, ND32, ND64). If you want to exchange the one you purchased we can definitely do that for you. You can either shoot me an email or use the contact page on our site.

Jeff

I may have to wait for that pack to be out as the Polarizer, ND4 and 8 are still useful for summer shooting. If I decide to go with those I'll let you know, thanks.

What is the cost for the ND filters for phantom 4? And what's included ? Thanks

Edgar
Hi Edgar, Initially we are launching three 3-Packs, followed by the individual filters:

Gunmetal 3-Pack: Includes: CP, ND4, ND8
Price: $69.99

Cinema Series-Vivid Collection: ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL
Price: $99.99
(Launching in 1 week)

Cinema Series-Shutter Collection: ND16, ND32, ND64
(Launching in 1 week)

All of these include a filter case when purchased on our website.

Individual Gunmetal P4 filters will be available for $29.99 ranging from CP to ND32

Reactions: bigstalks
Cinema Series-Shutter Collection: ND16, ND32, ND64
(Launching in 1 week)

All of these include a filter case when purchased on our website.
Since these filters are incompatible with the OEM P4 gimbal lock, will Polar Pro be including a free gimbal lock that is compatible for this price? If not, how much is the compatible gimbal lock you're designing? Will you be offering the 3D print file for the compatible gimbal lock available for free at www.thingiverse.com?

Since these filters are incompatible with the OEM P4 gimbal lock, will Polar Pro be including a free gimbal lock that is compatible for this price? If not, how much is the compatible gimbal lock you're designing? Will you be offering the 3D print file for the compatible gimbal lock available for free at www.thingiverse.com?

See this reply from earlier from PolarPro to you:

Hi John,

Hi John,

I think this will be a deciding factor for everyone that buys your filters for the P4. I have a set of the P3 filters, and even though they screw onto the P4 camera and work great when shooting, it's not so great when I store the drone back in the case. The gimbal lock won't install properly, so I have to remove the Polar Pro filter, find the stock lens and screw it back on. Then when I fly again I 've got to do that all over again. This is a huge hassle that everyone is going to be annoyed with. I highly recommend you include a compatible gimbal lock with all P4 filter purchases.

Using thicker glass doesn't seem to warrant the lip on your filter rings. I'm not an engineer, but it seems possible to design a filter with thicker glasses using the same physical ergonomics as TACO and DJI so it's compatible with the OEM gimbal lock. Am I wrong? Regarding the thicker glass, can you provide weight specs for the cinema series filters, as compared to the stock lens filter from DJI? Thicker glass implies more weight. I assume no balancing weights are needed with these new filters, correct?

Thanks jeff. I will shoot you an email so we can take care of the gimbal lock at no additional cost. Thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik