p4 MAX speed

Reaction score
just got a p4 and its way faster than p3, but anybody know any tricks to make it go faster? is there software setting?

Fly with 40-50mph back winds. Some people are reporting 80-90mph flights lol.

There aren't any mods for speed as motors already run at full RPM in full throttle Sport Mode. Adjusting the pitch of the aircraft is probably the only thing that would make it go faster but then you'll be sacrificing stability and gimbal range.

I'm sure someone will design some new props soon that can push it even faster

3DR Solo goes 55MPH, but the range sucks

does anybody know how fast speed boats go? I havent tried yet but will i be able to keep up if they r going full speed?

thats cool! we were thinking about doing that but I guess gotta worry about cops. but i guess i have'nt read where its against any laws to film above a road. will follow me mode work? not sure how that guy kept up with that motorcycle for that long but will try follow me and see if it can keep up fast.

thats cool! we were thinking about doing that but I guess gotta worry about cops. but i guess i have'nt read where its against any laws to film above a road. will follow me mode work? not sure how that guy kept up with that motorcycle for that long but will try follow me and see if it can keep up fast.
lol, it was me flying it. Shots like that you can only get flying in sport mode. No assists.

The max speed during "Follow Me" is in the mid 20s MPH. To go faster than that you have to be in "Sport," which is all-manual.

i got up to 50mph yesterday in P mode with forward detection turned off, had a nice tailwind. Im thinking i could get 70+ in sport mode with a decent tail wind.

I didn't pick this out but if it can go fast and video why not. why only one or the other?
Because a racing drone is built for speed, a camera drone is built to film stable footage. You want to use the proper tools for the job. ;)

i got up to 50mph yesterday in P mode with forward detection turned off, had a nice tailwind. Im thinking i could get 70+ in sport mode with a decent tail wind.
Cool, this is the first thing I've found about upping the max speed in P modes... what would you get without a tailwind? 30 mph? (Still thinking about upgrading to the 4 but not happy about the drop in speed for sensors I don't need)

Speed isn't determined by props or motors. It's all about the tilt angle.
I would say there is a reciprocity between all three. Speed may be determined by pitch. But you cannot pitch over without enough power to keep the craft from loosing altitude.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20