P4 Landing Gear Replacement

Reaction score
Hello,
I searched for a while and couldnt find any videos or DIY to replace the landing gear on the phantom 4. I lost 2 of my plastic pieces, so i ordered the whole new landing gear. The compass functions fine, so i dont believe i need to open up the shell. From what i found so far it looks like i can just thread the wires through the new legs. What is the silicone/glue holding the wire in place? Any help greatly appreciated.

This isn't the best video, but it should get you on the right track:

Reactions: jleech330
Hello,
I searched for a while and couldnt find any videos or DIY to replace the landing gear on the phantom 4. I lost 2 of my plastic pieces, so i ordered the whole new landing gear. The compass functions fine, so i dont believe i need to open up the shell. From what i found so far it looks like i can just thread the wires through the new legs. What is the silicone/glue holding the wire in place? Any help greatly appreciated.

The silicone is not completely necessary, although it does help keep everything in place once the connectors are snapped together. One thing you might find helpful is that when you connect the flat four-wire cables to the two legs that have the sensors, the end of the cable that connects to the board inside the landing gear gets laid on top of the fixed connector and you push it straight on to snap it in place. It is not a plug that you push on from the bottom; rather, you lay the two parts on top of each other and snap them together.

Reactions: jlrsn
Thank you ever so much for answering my difficult question of the day. "how to remove the connectors in the legs" this is the only place that I could get the quite easy answer to. Flight today went great after three weeks of waiting. Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4