P4 Jerky Cloud Shadows

Reaction score
So I just recently noticed that my P4 video (4K/30 FPS) is showing the cloud shadows to be jerky or stuttering. Has anyone else noticed this effect with their videos? Does it have to do with frame rate? See video below for reference.

Wow, I never saw that kind of scenery in Fl. When I lived in DeBary, Fl.

I have the same problem on my p3 s. I am in the process of balancing my props. I read about it on a post in the photo forum. I downloaded a vibration meter app on my cell phone. Touch it on the bottom of the motor and see how much vibration you get. When you switch props the vibration changes for good or bad. Match props to the motors. I've done the match on the dinning room table, but haven't taken my p3s out yet. Less vibration for sure. The meter doesn't lie.

What exactly seems to be the issue?

I have watched your video 3 times and can't see anything "stuttering"

Nice scenery by the way..

What exactly seems to be the issue?

I have watched your video 3 times and can't see anything "stuttering"

Nice scenery by the way..
Youtube editor sucks and drops the resolution to 1080, but when I watch the full video on my laptop or on my 4K tv, you can see the cloud shadows on the mountains do not move smoothly over the terrain. They have a stuttering motion, but its only the shadows on the mountains. The rest of the video is buttery smooth. It's very odd...

So I just recently noticed that my P4 video (4K/30 FPS) is showing the cloud shadows to be jerky or stuttering. Has anyone else noticed this effect with their videos? Does it have to do with frame rate? See video below for reference.

(Later - Aha- you've just found the thread as I was typing!) Someone else @Panamedia reported the same problem recently. 8-Bit (jittery, Wreck It Ralph) Cloud Shadows on UHD Footage

He's taken the vid down now but the effect was very similar to your video, although his clouds were wispier and travelling faster.

No one was able to come up with a definitive answer as to the cause on that one. But as I suggested in the linked thread, I think it might just be an optical illusion (due to the undulating nature of the canopies of the trees, in your case). If you look at the level field with cloud shadows which is centre-frame at 1m:29, there doesn't seem to be any problem there.

Reactions: Echopiece
(Later - Aha- you've just found the thread as I was typing!) Someone else @Panamedia reported the same problem recently. 8-Bit (jittery, Wreck It Ralph) Cloud Shadows on UHD Footage

He's taken the vid down now but the effect was very similar to your video, although his clouds were wispier and travelling faster.

No one was able to come up with a definitive answer as to the cause on that one. But as I suggested in the linked thread, I think it might just be an optical illusion (due to the undulating nature of the canopies of the trees, in your case). If you look at the level field with cloud shadows which is centre-frame at 1m:29, there doesn't seem to be any problem there.
Ahh thank you for that, this makes sense to me and I feel as if its a synchronous or frequency issue with the speed of the clouds. Lets hope so anyway :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik