P4 indoor gps

Reaction score
Hi all. I have p4. Good product but still not best. I have some problems while flying indoor where no gps signal. P4 doesnt get x/y position and start to glitch. Is there an indoor gps solution, so p4 can read distance to gps tx and be more stable on x/y ?

There is no indoor GPS solution short of cutting out the roof. GPS signals to do not penetrate buildings. That is what the VPS (Visual Positioning System) is for but that will just try to keep the P4 hovering on one spot.

Hi all. I have p4. Good product but still not best. I have some problems while flying indoor where no gps signal. P4 doesnt get x/y position and start to glitch. Is there an indoor gps solution, so p4 can read distance to gps tx and be more stable on x/y ?
Have you tried flying indoors? The VPS should make your craft stable up to 30' high, assuming your floor is not one color with nothing to ID for XY movements. The floor needs some contrasting things for the VPS camera to focus on to hold XY position. I recommend prop guards when indoors, those props can do some damage if you're not a good pilot yet.

Reactions: Erised
I fly in event houses in dark conditions. and the floor usualy has no pattern so it just drift all over . And realy hard to make smooth moovements and stops as air conditioning moove the drone randomaly. So i need something like gps to communicate with x/y pos.

Have you tried flying indoors? The VPS should make your craft stable up to 30' high, assuming your floor is not one color with nothing to ID for XY movements. The floor needs some contrasting things for the VPS camera to focus on to hold XY position. I recommend prop guards when indoors, those props can do some damage if you're not a good pilot yet.
VPS or OA does not work with the DJI prop guards.

OP you need to make sure your OA is on and operating correctly. It should hold a position indoors without gps quite well.

VPS or OA does not work with the DJI prop guards.

OP you need to make sure your OA is on and operating correctly. It should hold a position indoors without gps quite well.
I think VPS works, but OA doesn't on P4 with the guards installed.

I'd rather have the prop guards installed versus using OA. Sometimes OA will interfere with where you need to fly in close quarters.

I fly in event houses in dark conditions. and the floor usualy has no pattern so it just drift all over . And realy hard to make smooth moovements and stops as air conditioning moove the drone randomaly. So i need something like gps to communicate with x/y pos.
There's no solutions I'm aware of to solve your dark room flying needs. Maybe Phantom 9 will support this ;-)

At the risk of being pedantic, there is such thing as indoor GPS. It's not yet common but it does exist. It uses repeaters. However, when using a drone indoors, it is best to expect little to no GPS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj