P4 Idle Slower

Reaction score
I live in Arizona and we've had some ridiculously high temperatures, so I haven't flown my P4 in 2/3 weeks. Last time I flew it was a couple days before the most recent firmware was released. Anyway, I updated the firmware tonight and decided to take it out for a 10 minute flight as I missed it.

Immediately, I noticed something different. Pre-firmware update when the propellers spun up, they would spin up fast and almost sound like they would rev and then they would stay spinning in idle what seemed like a pretty hard idle. Today, however, it didn't do the rev-up and the idle was so slow and quiet.

Normal? Part of the firmware update? Flight was otherwise normal. I'm guessing the idle was toned down maybe to preserve battery.

Probably correct?

My 'Naughty' side says if you wait a few mins it will rev up and flip over before bursting into flames! So fly like the wind![emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The rev up was for P3 since the props were screwed-in, and it tightened the props in case they were lose. Since the P4 has a different prop locking system, rev up is not needed any more.
My P4 is all up to date in SW but have not flown it in a long time since is so hot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik