P4 Gimbal Tilt; Gimbal Calibration failed

Reaction score
So I flew my P4 for the first time today, and i noticed the Gimbal was tilted (horizon was not level). I landed and tried to do a Gimbal calibration and it got to 72% and failed several times.

I restored the RC and the Phantom a few times and it appears to be better now, wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

My gimbal calibration worked fine, if the calibration fail you could always manually adjust the gimbal during flight to where you think it's level. That's what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same problem in my first flight,landed and restarted both the RC & Phantom and got better but not perfect. Horizon was not 100% level. Did a IMO calibration on very level surface and then an automatic gimbal calibration. Despite that, a 0.6 degree was still present and had to do a manual adjustment to get it 100% level.Here below a picture before and a picture after fixing the problem.
ceef-7d19-b0b6-266d.jpg

DJI_0001.jpg

How do you do he manual adjustment during flight? I wasn't aware this was possible..

Mine called for an IMO calibration yesterday and I completed it. It is now slightly off but I think that is my fault, I don't think it was on a particularly level piece of sidewalk when I did the calibration. I haven't figured out how to manually do another IMO calibration to try again.

Can anyone tell me how to go about it? Come to think of it, I'd like to know what IMO stands for also lol. Sorry, my newb is showing lol.

How do you do he manual adjustment during flight? I wasn't aware this was possible..

Under Gimbal Settings you go to Adjust Gimbal Roll and adjust accordingly.

I've done a gimbal calibration on flat level surface only to find out once in the air I needed to manually adjust it so that horizon was level.

Under Gimbal Settings you go to Adjust Gimbal Roll and adjust accordingly.

I've done a gimbal calibration on flat level surface only to find out once in the air I needed to manually adjust it so that horizon was level.

Even easier: Press and hold the right button on the bottom of the RC. A horizon line will appear upon the screen. Use the right exposure dial on the RC to level it. Release the button underneath to set the change. Takes 5 seconds. Your recorded video will be goofy during the change, but that's easy to edit out later.

Last edited:
Reactions: cschonholz
In order to do the Gimbal calibration go to Gimbal settings (see picture) and you have two options: Gimbal auto calibration or Adjust Gimbal Roll.
Manual calibration can be done adjusting the Gimball Roll by increasing the angulation on one side or the other one (see picture)
IMG_6462.PNG
IMG_6463.PNG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20