P4 Gimbal shakes/jerks

Reaction score
Hello my friends,
so i crashed my drone, stupid pilot error.

I replaced the Yaw Arm of the Phantom 4 Gimbal and i replaced the Ribbon Flat Cable. Now, i have video again.
Sometimes the Gimbal does not level horizontally and the camera is tilting all the time. But when i "force" it to its position it stays and maintains the horizon! :)
This is not my main problem.

The problem that i would like to fix is the shakes i get -sometimes- during the flight. It's not only the little vibration, sometimes, especially when rotating the drone, the gimbal completely jerks. I uploaded a video which makes it obvious to see. I would highly apprechiated any thoughts, ideas, etc.! :)

Videolink:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When i dismantled the gimbal i had to open like 1.000.000 screws, maybe i screwed something up there?

Thank you very much!
best wishes
wepomaq

Could be the Gimbal module. It's like a gyro. I think it keeps the camera level when the drone yaws. Mine was doing something like that too, but it was consistent every 5 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey Jeff,
thanks for your reply!
How did you manage to fix it?
Best wishes!
wepomaq

You should start by emailing DJI. They will contact you right away, and have you do some diagnostic testing. They might help you fix it on your own. They might determine you need to send it in for repair. I sent mine in. I had it back in a week or so. Great service.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.