P4 Gimbal Kick

Reaction score
Anyone have this issue right out of the box? When I was ugrading firmware and checking systems I noticed a bounce or kick in the gimbal while sitting on the floor. It is most noticeable when I tilt, and in the last 10-15 percent of range.

I flew it the next morning in dead calm conditions and found at least one very obvious moment where I got a kick during an otherwise perfect tilt. I have since replicated it many more times in similarly calm winds and with P4 holding position.

Please check the video and weigh in. I Have already performed IMU and gimbal calibrations so please don't offer up those suggestions. Happens with and without 3rd party filters.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers,

I never saw that in any of my 50 or so flights. Almost looks like a restriction in the gimbals travel, like it's getting caught or stuck on something.

Yes, this was my first thought but since I removed the pre-installed foam and had inspected for fragments in/around motors already. More to the point, it doesn't kick on every tilt... Sometimes I can replicated it 3 out of 4 tilts, other times I can't get it to happen.

Yes, this was my first thought but since I removed the pre-installed foam and had inspected for fragments in/around motors already. More to the point, it doesn't kick on every tilt... Sometimes I can replicated it 3 out of 4 tilts, other times I can't get it to happen.

Just for grins, can you run the gimble through it's paces and see if you can actually see the gimble "twitch" when it does it? There's an outside chance that the problem is in the video itself and not the gimble. Just an idea.

Just for grins, can you run the gimble through it's paces and see if you can actually see the gimble "twitch" when it does it? There's an outside chance that the problem is in the video itself and not the gimble. Just an idea.

I have done this already and did observe it twitch on a few occasions but this morning when I brought the bird back down and attempted to video it with my phone it would not replicate the twitch. Charging battery now and will attempt again.

Also notice at the end of the video where it is sitting on the floor, it twitched a few times even though I wasn't tilting.

observe the micro adjustments gimbal makes after I tilt

Anyone have this issue right out of the box? When I was ugrading firmware and checking systems I noticed a bounce or kick in the gimbal while sitting on the floor. It is most noticeable when I tilt, and in the last 10-15 percent of range.

I flew it the next morning in dead calm conditions and found at least one very obvious moment where I got a kick during an otherwise perfect tilt. I have since replicated it many more times in similarly calm winds and with P4 holding position.

Please check the video and weigh in. I Have already performed IMU and gimbal calibrations so please don't offer up those suggestions. Happens with and without 3rd party filters.

Cheers,
Hey did you realize what was your problem? I have the same issue ... Not sure if I have to send it for repair or not...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers