P4 Gimbal guard

Reaction score
Greetings to the community!

New proud owner of a P4, awaiting for stormy conditions to ease in my part of the world to allow for its maiden flight!

Apologies if I missed it but could only find relevant topics under the older Phantom models.

Do Guimbal guards like the below make ANY sense for the P4? Anyone tried them/impressions? Do they match the color of the original part?

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

They're all the same but I was wondering if anyone tried them (or any other model) and opinions on them!

Thanks!

I have hundreds off take offs and landings and never wished I had them so far. I would prefer a landing mat, many VPS problems have been posted using gimbal guards.

I have hundreds off take offs and landings and never wished I had them so far. I would prefer a landing mat, many VPS problems have been posted using gimbal guards.

Hey thanks for the reply, it's not the guimbal guard between th p4's landing legs, it's a plate that has a few added covers for the ribbon cable and stops tomprevent it falling appart in case of impact.

Now that I checked your example (geez) These look well built but I am not sure if the expense is worth it, plus the added weight, as the bird allready has trouble keeping the gimbal straight in a side wind. I think if you hit hard enough for this to stop your gimbal from disconnecting your gimbal will be scrapped anyways. IMO

I use one. It really weighs practically nothing. Be careful installing it because the screws are very tiny and certainly easily cross-threaded or stripped.

I use one. It really weighs practically nothing. Be careful installing it because the screws are very tiny and certainly easily cross-threaded or stripped.

Cool, I think they are about 8.5g, but I don't know how much the original cover is; If it adds weight it should not be more than 5-6g.

You referring to the dji screws or the ones for the added protection bits? or all of them? There's no need to remove the entire gimbal assembly right you can do this while on the bird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20