P4 fly's only 18 MPH

Reaction score
I own the P3 standard the P3 Advanced and the P4. IT has been sent back one time for a fly away, that resulted in a hard landing. I told them to do a complete system check. I get the P4 back last week and due to rain I have only had a chance to fly it 2 times.

IT WILL ONLY fly 18 MPH on any mode I set it on. ALONG with the dropping problem of 5 to 20 FEET !!!
WHAT or any help or suggestions.
I bought this drone from Drone World on the first day it was released.. MAD as you know what.
My P3 standart and P3 Advanced can smoke this thing just flying around.

Michael Tucker

Sounds as if you haven't enabled flight modes in the app...Sports mode will give you around 45 mph.
I sent an E-mail to a guy named Andy. I am pretty sure I did all of his suggestion that put in simple terms are what you are saying sir. I live in Arkansas and actually I've only had about 10 flights with the P4. All aircrafts total about 110 flights for 14 hours. I've bought all 3 of these dones in 2 months. I'm retired and flew as a pilot many yers ago. SO dones (I call the Aircrafts) and filming are my new Hobby. I have medical issues so I've gone all out learning what I can as fast as I can. Again thanks I will retry my suggestions given to me by you and anyone else that posts.

Tonight I bet my P4 dropped as much as 25 feet. They better be working on a fix ASAP!

BTW is that true?

ALSO sir I have misplace or lost my P4 Gimble Lock. ANYWHERE that can be bought? I don't see it on the DJI website OR Amazon??

I'm getting about 45-50mph on calm days out of the P4(in sports mode). With a bit of wind I've got up to 58.5mph. I wont be happy until I hit 60 :)
I get decent speed in P mode if I turn off the front sensors.

Reactions: Michael Tucker
Just to add, now that I'm used to sports mode I leave the front sensors on while in P mode. The reduced speed is what you want when trying to get some silky smooth shots. And when you need the speed just flick her into sports mode.

Copy That!! MAN Quick answers. A fried of mine who bought my P3 Professional knew all about these drops. In talking to
him tonight we only discussed drops not the speed issue. Thanks Mike

I think you'll find that the dropping issue can be fixed by connecting your aircraft to your PC and calibrating EVERYTHING in the DJI Assistant program. I'm not sure what I did in there to fix it, but it will fix it.

I think you'll find that the dropping issue can be fixed by connecting your aircraft to your PC and calibrating EVERYTHING in the DJI Assistant program. I'm not sure what I did in there to fix it, but it will fix it.

How much can be calibrated in the Assistant program. My Phantom was sensing and avoiding obstacles in ActiveTrack when there were none and I calibrated the front and bottom cameras in Assistant and my last 2 times trying ActiveTrack it seemed to work fine. I've done IMU, gimbal and compass calibrations in DJI GO, are there more calibrations I can do with Assistant?

How much can be calibrated in the Assistant program. My Phantom was sensing and avoiding obstacles in ActiveTrack when there were none and I calibrated the front and bottom cameras in Assistant and my last 2 times trying ActiveTrack it seemed to work fine. I've done IMU, gimbal and compass calibrations in DJI GO, are there more calibrations I can do with Assistant?
I don't remember. I just remember that after I was done, the dropping stopped.

I don't remember. I just remember that after I was done, the dropping stopped.
It's well documented that the "drop" thing is a real problem. I don't have the issue above a few inches, a foot at most until craft warms up. What I am getting at is this, ppl also said do this and bla bla that will fix tilted horizon, well, it won't.
The others who have the dropping issue are skilled operators who know how to adjust and calibrate all the settings, so don't be too down on yourself if you don't find some magic button that fixes this issue.

Also remember that if you turn those cameras off, the OA, you risk hitting something, why even have a P4 if going to just turn off the OA system?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20