P4 features not mentioned (CSC)

Reaction score
In literature and posts available and in the few videos published, I haven't seen any mention about whether DJI eliminated or modified the CSC to avoid the somewhat rare but occasional pilot error due to this feature.

Anyone see any mention of this?

Seems that would have made sense considering the addition of the 'sport' feature geared for racing 'like' flying.

Also if this photo is accurate, it doesn't appear as if existing ND lens filters will fit...maybe add that to all the extras you have to get over the $1,399 base price?

b2a21b3.jpg

We won't really know until they release the Phantom 4 manual, but I cannot see them changing this now.

The Phantom 4 lens cover is removable (you can see it clearly in the unboxing videos). To me the camera lens of the P4 & P3 appear to be the same diameter, so as long as DJI has not changed the threading, then existing ND lens covers would fit. Hopefully an earlier adopter will check this out and let us know.

It's so befitting that the first P4 concern should be about CSC. Stating from where we left off..

The Phantom 4 lens cover is removable (you can see it clearly in the unboxing videos). To me the camera lens of the P4 & P3 appear to be the same diameter, so as long as DJI has not changed the threading, then existing ND lens covers would fit. Hopefully an earlier adopter will check this out and let us know.

I've only seen the German guy unboxing video. On closer look I can see the seam that wasn't visible on this photo...but it would be nice to see someone actually screw one on.

Where did you see that?
in all fairness, it was just the person on the chat box on the DJI site but she checked with her superior and seemed quite sure. I would say that makes it about 95% to me.

in all fairness, it was just the person on the chat box on the DJI site but she checked with her superior and seemed quite sure. I would say that makes it about 95% to me.

K...it'd be nice if they released some documentation.

From what I've heard, CSC is pretty much universal on all UAVs. Kinda like a steering wheel and a brake pedal.

Reactions: N017RW
Does it still have Lightbridge? And can it fly just like the P3 if you don't desire to use all the Tap dancing mode?
It said it had light bridge. And according to the. The range is now 3.1 miles. I bet some
One will push it 5miles out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The P4 stated range is the same as the current model P3 Pro/Advanced models (5K - 3.1 miles). I believe originally the P3 Pro/Advanced range was listed as 2K. Not sure what DJI did in later models to boost the range 2.5x?

It said it had light bridge. And according to the. The range is now 3.1 miles. I bet some

The P4 stated range is the same as the current model P3 Pro/Advanced models (5K - 3.1 miles). I believe originally the P3 Pro/Advanced range was listed as 2K. Not sure what DJI did in later models to boost the range 2.5x?
But how often could u ever get that range? I hardly ever got that far maybe if u live in the desert.

You still thinking of getting one buddy? Dirty bird

You have to be in a RF-clean area like over water or farmland.

Yes I eventually plan on getting a P4 but I am holding off for now hoping for a black model.

But how often could u ever get that range? I hardly ever got that far maybe if u live in the desert.

I am kinda look at the Typhoon H that's coming out(traitor)lol got a lot of nice features since I don't fly past 1/2 mile I don't need that on better DJI feature, still dreaming!

Grouchy man, your not even on the thread before I posted, scroll up and see, so how the hell am I supposed to know what you said?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.