P4 Crashed after waypoint mission, did not return to home point.

Reaction score
OK so my P4 crashed after a waypoints mission. It didn't return to home and my guess is it tried to land in a tree and I found it in a field. Camera torn completely off. What do you guys think? I have repaired iPhones and iPads before so I'm pretty good with stuff like this. Should I attempt to try to do it myself? Or do I send it to be repaired? Maybe to DJI?
4c3106a0f5dd3f99ae2f128a173349f2.jpg
2f1b18b8ce77fb4c6092610b9b9d3c51.jpg
57d193b1d3013d4d1ce60d6f72065ba1.jpg

Send it to DJI.... Any self attempt repair will invalidate the warranty. More importantly what caused the crash? Can you upload the healthy drone file here?

I will try to upload here I tried to view using the DJI assistant but I couldn't figure it out.

Doesn't crashing it void the warranty anyway? I was able to make the repairs. Then before i powered it on it felt like the anxious feeling you get when you send your craft on a waypoint mission and lose line of sight just waiting for it to come home. Luckily for me $50 later my P4 FLIES GOOD AS NEW. All data was gone I'm assuming because the battery ejected during all of this. The only files left were corrupt.

"Crashed after a waypoints mission" ...

Where was the final waypoint? Was this running DJIGo or Litchi?

Normally wouldn't the final waypoint be somewhere near the starting point?

Just trying to see if there's a problem to be aware of as I use the DJIGo4 waypoint system heavily.

AD

Reactions: RémyHeli
Doesn't crashing it void the warranty anyway? I was able to make the repairs. Then before i powered it on it felt like the anxious feeling you get when you send your craft on a waypoint mission and lose line of sight just waiting for it to come home. Luckily for me $50 later my P4 FLIES GOOD AS NEW. All data was gone I'm assuming because the battery ejected during all of this. The only files left were corrupt.

So what did you change that cost you $50, sounds like maybe you've been extremely lucky and just broke the plastic (bottom housing?) but left camera etc okay?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20