P4 cracked left rear arm???

Reaction score
I have just at 40 hrs on my frame, never crashed or a hard landing so I'm a bit perplexed by what happened today. Went out on a 20 minute flight, all systems normal and return once battery is low. Swap battery and then as I apply power for take off I notice a bad wobble in my left rear prop, try again and this time I see the crack. I struck nothing on my flight and so I'm curious if this is possibly a known issue with the P4 frames? Anyone else experienced this? Guessing the entire frame will have to be replaced, curious if anyone knows what those cost? Very fortunate I made it home as I was over water a majority of my flight. Appreciate any help or advice.

Attachments

• 20171202_192115.jpg
    20171202_192115.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 557
image.jpeg
Wow never seen one that big , I have a tiny hairline crack at the end of an arm by the light

Wow. I think the plastic in the p4 is a lot more brittle than my p3. What a terrible thing to happen. I barely bumped the legs on my p4 and they each have cracks.

Yeah, this is really disappointing. I found the shells run about 50-60 bucks on ebay, found videos on youtube on how to swap out. Not looking forward to the idea if either cutting the wires to the motors or unsoldering, wish those has come kind of disconnects. Might be time for me to move over to the new mavic platinum after I get this fixed.

Yeah, this is really disappointing. I found the shells run about 50-60 bucks on ebay, found videos on youtube on how to swap out. Not looking forward to the idea if either cutting the wires to the motors or unsoldering, wish those has come kind of disconnects. Might be time for me to move over to the new mavic platinum after I get this fixed.
. Time for new Mavic Platinum Pro?? Love my dji but if it broke though no fault of my own that would be my last purchase from them. ... I detect fanboy following here.. Are Shells being made from same materials as the unbreakable iphone screens ?

Not sure I follow what you mean by you detect fanboy following with regards to the issue?

The Mavic is an awsome platform you wouldn't regret it...

That crack in your airframe is very puzzling.
If it is still under warranty, I would contact DJI and detail your problem. They will want you to send your P4 in to them and will likely replace it or at least install a new shell.

You were very fortunate you didn't lose your Phantom, considering that your flight was primarily over water.

Things turned out OK in that respect.

But, I would contact DJI and hopefully you'll have it covered by warranty.

Yes, they did, very fortunate. I thought about it but I'm just over a year old with it and doubt they have a warranty over a year.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1