P4 crack on arm next to motor

Reaction score
Does this affect P4s the way it does P3s or is this cosmetic? I thought I read somewhere that the magnesium alloy frame is what the motors are mounted to but I'm not dismantling mine to find out.

bought refurb last Thanksgiving, had to replace RC and just started flying again. I've noticed some slight stability issues in hover sometimes but then again I also have the new firmware.

thanks

Does this affect P4s the way it does P3s or is this cosmetic? I thought I read somewhere that the magnesium alloy frame is what the motors are mounted to but I'm not dismantling mine to find out.

bought refurb last Thanksgiving, had to replace RC and just started flying again. I've noticed some slight stability issues in hover sometimes but then again I also have the new firmware.

thanks
No magnesium frame motors bolt to plastic body,core imbeded into aircraft increases rigidity und und wanted vibrations,aircraft weight also reduced having this magnesium core,have you tryed imu calibration for the stability issue ,wouldent hurt to do compass aswell if not been done

No magnesium frame motors bolt to plastic body,core imbeded into aircraft increases rigidity und und wanted vibrations,aircraft weight also reduced having this magnesium core,have you tryed imu calibration for the stability issue ,wouldent hurt to do compass aswell if not been done
15049857867401723114625.jpg
heres a pic or magnesium core with boards attached,,,,cant comment on crack cause cant see it,

Thanks, wasn't aware the frame didn't extend to the motor mounts. I've included pictures of the crack. Most people say DJI replaces the shell or device and its only 10 months old so what do you think? Send it in?
21585720_10213637224029031_1208322157_o.jpg
21556852_10213637225069057_313119610_o.jpg

Thanks, wasn't aware the frame didn't extend to the motor mounts. I've included pictures of the crack. Most people say DJI replaces the shell or device and its only 10 months old so what do you think? Send it in?View attachment 87995 View attachment 87996
Hi yeh sucs sending in ,hard to say some cracks can be stopped with small hole drilled at end but those cracks devide up so it could get worse,you could do a shell change but since it still covered could just let them fix,your choice there,cant say i seen one cracked there,the crack goin toward motor would be the one i watch,vibration could split top shell ,,mayby some good epoxy just to hold it from traveling any more,

Bought mine 12 months & 4 days ago, and just found a crack in exactly the same place, after about 130,000ft. Maplins (UK) said that they will replace it under warranty, so am pleased about that. I don't think it's too bad a job to do do it yourself though, if you are able (£50 in UK for the shell) You do need to get it fixed though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl