P4 Compass issue

Reaction score
Sadly I had an unfortunate mishap with my P4 - crash landed in a pool :(

The good news is that I was able to retrieve it quite quickly and after taking the gimble off, blowing all the water out, and sticking it in a big bag of rice for a few days it is mostly back in business!!

I am able to connect to it, fly it, and even the gimble and camera appear to be working, but I get an error about the compass needing attention. The glaring message on my tablet is to recalibrate the compass, but when I go into the calibration it actually indicates that compass 1 is disconnected.

I assume that either that compass has failed, or maybe gotten disconnected when I was disassembling the drone, although I don't know where that is inside the body...

Has anyone experienced this, or know how to check or replace compass 1?

Thanks

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I would hate to have to send the P4 back for service if this is something I could do myself. Not afraid to open the drone, I already did that to dry it all out, but shipping it to DJI likely means a month for the service :(

Well sadly today after 120 trouble free flights I traveled to a new location and when I turned my bird on few error messages and after speaking with dji agent they determined I need to send my bird in for issues inside the bird with the gps something or other. Very depressed about whole situation that I traveled far to enjoy with family only to be grounded on vacation

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4