P4 Compass Calibration

Reaction score
Has anyone else with the P4 had a difficult time getting the compass to calibrate. I have taken mine out twice thus far and the RT is not letting me fly until I calibrate the compass. Both times I have used 15 to 20 percent of battery life trying to get the thing calibrated. Just wondering. I still do not regret my purchase of the P4 and I still have just as much fun flying my P3a. The wife just gave me the green light on some FPV googles for the P3A so I think I might give the Fat Shark latest offering a shot.:)

Shud work..take ur keys, cell phone and any metal objects out of your pockets. Make sure ur away from any metal objects. Click on calibrate in the app, hold the p4 from an arm or a leg and keep it flat at turn 360. When the app tells you, turn it NOSE DOWN and rotate 360. Shud work, if it doesnt work, the internal gps has a problem. Maybe got disconnected. Try doing an imu calibration first.

Thanks for the tips. I did remove keys and all but I did still have my cell in my pocket. I think I will take your advice and do an IMU calibrations as well. Kind of anxious to see if it retains the last calibration on the next flight as I generally don't calibrate the compass on every flight unless I have traveled quite a distance from my normal flying area. Thanks for the info.

I had no problem doing a P4 compass calibration. Just like P3, sometimes it takes more than 360 degrees to complete each cycle. The LEDs on the bird tell you exactly when it's completed the cycle, I never pay any attention to the controller, in fact I don't even hold the controller while calibrating. I leave the RC 10' away sitting on my backpack after the calibration START is triggered, walk over to the bird and do the circle-jerk dance.

I think he needs to use the controller, we experienced pilots uderstand the lights. After he does it a few times then hecwill enderstand the lights.

My compass calibration takes 30 seconds the max. I agree that metal around the P4 or your mobile phone can cause that issue or something would be wrong with your particular P4.

Keep us updated about that please...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

One last note, when you calibrate, be sure the bird is at least 1 meter off the ground. I know that most of us know this, but it does state this in the manual.
Just food for thought.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik