P4 charger sold separately?

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a place where I can buy a charger for my P4 online (DJI or elsewhere)? At least it doesn't surface by searching and poking around the DJI store online.

Charge times are sometimes critical on shoots when you have to travel to the nearest generator and turn around many batteries.

Is there a place to buy P4 chargers on their own that I'm just not finding?

Ken

DJI has not started selling them yet.

Thanks. I presume they will sell them at some point.

Makes certain kinds of shooting darn near impossible. For example, I'll be in an uninhabited island for 3 weeks soon where the only hope of charging is a 2hr boat ride away and need to charge everything (cameras, audio gear, drones) in a few hrs to get back/forth in daylight. 8 batteries and a controller on one charge...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Right.

This is the usual pattern when DJI rolls out a new Phantom model. Accessories are incrementally rolled out later.

Fine if they hadn't changed the battery to require a new charger.

Not cool since the new battery requires a charger you can't buy another one of.

:-(

Grumble.

Makes certain kinds of shooting darn near impossible. For example, I'll be in an uninhabited island for 3 weeks soon where the only hope of charging is a 2hr boat ride away and need to charge everything (cameras, audio gear, drones) in a few hrs to get back/forth in daylight. 8 batteries and a controller on one charge...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sound like you need a solar panel, deep cycle battery and an inverter.

Until then, you could always buy more batteries :)

Yeah, we do have some small solar but only enough for critical gear like sat phones and GPS.

It's a big island with no human activity for thousands of years and no infrastructure of any kind. We are hiking and hacking through with everything needed by the expidition - water, food, camera gear, camping gear, so, tough to add more weight. Shuttling batteries by boat every several days for a mass recharge and to re-up other supplies is what we're doing.

More batteries it is, until I can charge 4 at a time. :-(

I'm waiting for a 3 banger.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj