P4 camera uv filter

Reaction score
The standard filter lens that comes with the P4 was loose, I removed it as putting an ND filter on anyway, But it had no anti vibration/seize rubber? is their no rubber ring on allP4`s due to better gimbal ect or am i missin one?

Mine doesn't have the rubber o-ring on the inside.
thanks, so it seems they do not use an O ring now as they seem to thing their is no vibration problem and it was very loose but in time I do think it will get tight with weather ect or become loose and come off, so it would have to become a pre flight check.
I have put an O ring on as i like it snug and keeping it air tight.

Upon removing mine, I discovered the same thing--no rubber O ring either...

thanks, so it seems they do not use an O ring now as they seem to thing their is no vibration problem and it was very loose but in time I do think it will get tight with weather ect or become loose and come off, so it would have to become a pre flight check.
I have put an O ring on as i like it snug and keeping it air tight.

What size/spec o-ring is suitable?

my original filter glass was also lose/rattled, had no o-ring either, nowadays I use a polar-pro filter, usually nd4 or nd8 - images look much better!, i am paranoid about the filters unscrewing themselves in-flight so i put a small piece of tape on the sde of the filter to the camera body to stop the thread losening.

my original filter glass was also lose/rattled, had no o-ring either, nowadays I use a polar-pro filter, usually nd4 or nd8 - images look much better!, i am paranoid about the filters unscrewing themselves in-flight so i put a small piece of tape on the sde of the filter to the camera body to stop the thread losening.
Hopefully, you mean the videos, as ND filters will not improve still images, unless you are deliberately seeking motion blur! :eek:

I have over 2,000,000 feet and never has a filter come lose, no o ring needed, remember the first time I took the original filter off, it felt the darn thing was welded on. They come off easier now and you can feel the thread really holds them well, I use dji filters because they thread nice and are light and I can place the gimbal lock on for storage. I agree with GadgetGuy for stills no filter required I use just the uv filter for bug protection. I get good video results all around with ND4, will go up when the snow comes.

Hopefully, you mean the videos, as ND filters will not improve still images, unless you are deliberately seeking motion blur! :eek:

Correct, for videos - the shutter slowed down without over-exposing, ideally to around double the frame rate - ie for a frame rate of 30fps, an ideal shutter speed would be around 1/60, if the shutter speed is too fast then panning will look jerky and un-natural.

If the Phantom had an adjustable iris then it might help for stills to open up thr iris for a deeper depth of field, but as the Phantom is fixed at 2.8, there is no point as you mention. Also the fov being so wide negates the need anyway...

- Phil.

Correct, for videos - the shutter slowed down without over-exposing, ideally to around double the frame rate - ie for a frame rate of 30fps, an ideal shutter speed would be around 1/60, if the shutter speed is too fast then panning will look jerky and un-natural.

If the Phantom had an adjustable iris then it might help for stills to open up thr iris for a deeper depth of field, but as the Phantom is fixed at 2.8, there is no point as you mention. Also the fov being so wide negates the need anyway...

- Phil.
Cool! :cool: No ND filter for me. I extract a lot of still frames from the 4K video, so I want those individual frames as sharp a possible, and live with the jerkyness in the video caused by it, although during the golden hour, after the sun has set, the shutter speed gets pretty close to optimal video speed anyway, and the dynamic range is easily handled, without even a graduated ND filter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers