P4 Camera Sensor

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
Do we know who makes it? Does it have an AA filter on it?

I was pleasantly surprised that Adobe's Camera RAW and Lightroom have the P4 lens profile included for auto-correction.

P3/P4 have been sold in millions so it's obvious that pic editing packages provide special attention to it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

At BHPhotovideo.com, the specs of the Inspire camera are listed: Sony EXMOR 1/2.3" CMOS. I think this is the same sensor in the P4 camera.

At BHPhotovideo.com, the specs of the Inspire camera are listed: Sony EXMOR 1/2.3" CMOS. I think this is the same sensor in the P4 camera.

That's speculatory at best. We know what the Zenmuse cameras are. DJI has never really attempted to conceal that. They have never disclosed what the sensors are in the Phantoms, which was the original question.

I wouldn't rule out OmniVision as the sensor either since they seem to do HDR on some of their newer sensors. There is some speculation the four P4 obstacle cameras may be OmniVision units so maybe they made a deal for the main camera too? Then there was talk of Sony's sensor manufacturing being off line from that earthquake about the time the P4 should have been nearing production too.

Anyone tear into the camera and look at the sensor yet? Must be something stamped on it someplace to make it identifiable.

You know there have been enough torn up and crashed by now that if it were identifiable, there's no way it would still be secret this far into the product cycle.

Last edited:
That's speculatory at best. We know what the Zenmuse cameras are. DJI has never really attempted to conceal that. They have never disclosed what the sensors are in the Phantoms, which was the original question.

It is a plausible guess because BH describes the P4 sensor as 1/2.3" 12 MP CMOS, same as the Inspire. It only doesn't explicitly spell out Sony Exmor as on their Inspire page.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
See these for comparison.

IMG_0983.jpg
IMG_0984.jpg

It is a plausible guess because BH describes the P4 sensor as 1/2.3" 12 MP CMOS, same as the Inspire. It only doesn't explicitly spell out Sony Exmor as on their Inspire page.

As I speculated myself in my first post in the thread. :)

Reactions: RPP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic