P4 camera not visible

Reaction score
I'm on my second flight. I can't get the camera view on the app. Any suggestions? Everything else is working fine...just no view

I have some questions for you:
  • Is this a brand new Phantom?
  • What kind of mobile device are you using?
  • How did you attempt to connect your mobile device to your Phantom?
  • Did you attempt to update the firmware? If so, how did you do it?
  • Do you see any error messages at the top, center of DJI GO?
  • Which versions do you see listed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO?

I had the same problem when one day last week everything worked and the very next day I couldn't get the camera view. It turned out during the night my DJI GO program was updated to v2.9.1.
I wound up removing everything to do with DJI GO from my tablet and then scanning the App Icon in the Quick Start Guide and everything reloaded and was fine only I had to reset all my setups. I've since set up my tablet to not automatically update Apps. Good luck!

I have some questions for you:
  • Is this a brand new Phantom?
  • What kind of mobile device are you using?
  • How did you attempt to connect your mobile device to your Phantom?
  • Did you attempt to update the firmware? If so, how did you do it?
  • Do you see any error messages at the top, center of DJI GO?
  • Which versions do you see listed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO?
First of all, thanks for the response. I don't know why, but I tried something, and it worked. I simply removed the 16gb chip, installed another that I had, and it worked. Then, I reinstalled the original, and damned if it didn't work also. Who knows???

But, here are the answers to your questions, anyway: Yes it is a brand new P4, The Mobile Device is an ipad mini 2. The connection was made just fine. I did upgrade the firmware, by following the instructions provided on screen. (I don't remember exactly what they were now.) There was no error message at the top/center of the app. The only way I realized what was wrong was when I tried switching between the PAL and NTSC settings on the camera. As the controller would restart, I would get the "No Image Transmission Signal" notice. Finally, the various versions in the General Settings on the app are: APP -- V3.0.0, Aircraft -- V01.02.0503 RC -- V1.6.0.

But, as I said, for now (at least) the camera is working fine.

Thanks Again!!

I simply removed the 16gb chip, installed another that I had, and it worked. Then, I reinstalled the original, and damned if it didn't work also. Who knows???

That happened to me once too.. The craft would connect, but I couldn't get video for the life of me.

I popped out the MicroSD card and the video came back. I put the same card back in and the video continued working.. (Note that I turned the craft off before removing or re-inserting the card).

I've seen others in P4 forums reporting the same thing... I think on occasion the craft 'loses it's brains' when mounting the card and you have to pull it out and re-insert it to get things back to normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl