P4 Camera broke lose in mid-flight, firmware or hardware problem?

Reaction score
I was flying my P4 today first time in this month, 5 minutes after took off the camera just broke lose and wouldn't maintain its position sort of like camera hanging lose after power off. The camera didn't detach and bird was under control at all times. I took it home for a reboot and camera was all fine and steady again. I am now wondering if I am having a hardware or firmware issue; has anyone on this forum experience this phenomena?

I was flying my P4 today first time in this month, 5 minutes after took off the camera just broke lose and wouldn't maintain its position sort of like camera hanging lose after power off. The camera didn't detach and bird was under control at all times. I took it home for a reboot and camera was all fine and steady again. I am now wondering if I am having a hardware or firmware issue; has anyone on this forum experience this phenomena?
HI Yip just recently
thumb_c9091d28310c5c28_1490509213000.jpg
was doing a test flight,,coming down at 1315ft,(safe test) and camera went Limp like I was falling out the sky but was in control,just lost all camera power,,landed went home done Gimble calibration and back to normal,,,,,,,heart skipped a few beats...:eek:this was picture I took before camera died..

Yes, I've had that happen a few times.

After landing and a restart, the camera came back to life and functioned normally.

No, I have no idea why that happens.

AD

This malfunction had happened to me after I updated DJI GO4 to version 4.0.7 (iOS) almost a week ago. After landed and restarted the AC, it was back to normal. It's never happened before, so don't know what caused it.

I had that happen to me with my p4. Though it was falling fast but was in control all the way back. It was fine after a restart.
HI Yip just recently View attachment 80646was doing a test flight,,coming down at 1315ft,(safe test) and camera went Limp like I was falling out the sky but was in control,just lost all camera power,,landed went home done Gimble calibration and back to normal,,,,,,,heart skipped a few beats...:eek:this was picture I took before camera died..

Yes, I've had that happen a few times.

After landing and a restart, the camera came back to life and functioned normally.

No, I have no idea why that happens.

AD

This happened to me once and I think that my speed in the wind was too much for the gimbal motors. I get at times a message of overload and I think if you keep on pushing, the gimbal motors go in a F&%K it mode and just power down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan