P4 box.

Reaction score
Hi all.

General question around the box the p4 come with.
I'll be getting my P4 soon and was wondering if the box it comes in is robust? Or should I invest in getting a hard shell case??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi all.

I'll be getting my P4 soon and was wondering if the box it comes in is robust? Or should I invest in getting a hard shell case??

Thanks

Depends on how you plan on using it. For someone like me, it's fine. I don't take mine's everywhere I go unless I plan on using it. For those times, I just throw in the back seat of my car or trunk. I had a hard shell case for my p3p and it was a pain to carry around. I like the fact that the stock P4 case is compact, lite weight, and quite mobile.

Agree with "stefan350".above. It is more than adequate to transport your P4 and is quite small. It is really much more robust than it looks.
If you want to backpack or have something a bit more professional looking then there are plenty of options and a lot of discussion on this forum.

The box that comes with the P4 will certainly get the job done in most cases. If you're traveling on planes and/or have a lot of accessories, you'll probably want to look into getting a hard case. If interested, you can find a list of commonly used cases here.

Hi all.

Thanks

I agree with @coco777

And everyone has given you good advice.

I would add that knowing how you plan on moving around with your drone and what you'd like to carry would be useful to make a recommendation.
For instance, most people don't even seem to travel (fly) with their drone.

If you foresee traveling by car mostly, I recommend you use the DJI case in comes in. It's robust indeed, compact and will hold your P4, two extra batteries, charger, iPad Mini, a DJI charging hub, a controller and 8 propellers.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot everyone for the responses! I think I'll wait and just use the box it comes in [emoji4]

The biggest drawback is having to take off and put on the props each time.

The biggest drawback is having to take off and put on the props each time.
Or is it a godsend?

I always inspect my props carefully before flying. If I left them on all of the time, I'd have no way of knowing if they are in working order.

Or is it a godsend?

I always inspect my props carefully before flying. If I left them on all of the time, I'd have no way of knowing if they are in working order.

I check them before each flight too, they are just attached. Might not be a godsend because how many crashes are due to prop malfunction? The more you mess with them the greater the chance of a crash.

You remove them and check the inside of the hubs for damage before each flight? If so, carry on, sir. That's an excellent habit to get into.

You remove them and check the inside of the hubs for damage before each flight? If so, carry on, sir. That's an excellent habit to get into.

Just seems like more wear and tear on the plastic hubs. Just my humble opinion, your knowledge of all thing drones is greater than mine.

Hi all.

Thanks

I was surprised at how durable the foam box is. It's more than adequate for carrying it with you when driving to the location. You would probably be OK to carry it on an airplane, but only if always in your sight. They actually sell backpacks and other carrying cases where you can just slip the DJI foam case inside, rather than buying a whole new case. I bought a military grade hard case primarily to give me more room for all the accessories, plus I plan on taking it with me when I travel and will have to check it. I also have a backpack when I am packing light and/or carrying it on the plane rather than checking it.

Reactions: acc007
The P4 case is made in the same Chinese factory that makes YETI brand coolers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20