P4 Beta App ?

Reaction score
The P4 has been in the hands of testers & previewers for several weeks. We've seen the flying videos & I've also seen videos of the app in action showing the new collision avoidance display. Point being there is obviously a beta version of the Go app floating around that is P4-compatible. Where can this be found?

Last edited:
It looks like there was no point rushing to try to get one, since you won't be able to fly it until the app is released at the time all the rest of us receive our Phantoms. Sorry!

The P4 has been in the hands of testers & previewers for several weeks. We've seen the flying videos & I've also seen videos of the app in action showing the new collision avoidance display. Point being there is obviously a beta version of the Go app floating around that is P4-compatible. Where can this be found?

Nope. I could easily have gotten one since they are in stock at all the Apple stores around here right now. It is easy enough to walk in and buy one.
It is just that there is absolutely no point. :) I also already receive a significant discount on online Apple purchases through my company. So, I paid a lot less than retail, and still get it delivered to me on the 15th which is the first day it will be able to fly anyway. Sorry if you soiled your pants, "DirtyBird". It seems as though you may have a fecal fetish?

Sorry if you are smacking yourself as you realize that there was no point in getting it when you can't fly it, no matter how desperate you try and find a "beta" app. Although interestingly enough I am friends with one of the DJI lobbyists in DC who gave me the app over a week ago via FTP. It is there if you know how to find it, but I'm doubtful you'll be able to access it.

I bet you just soiled your shorts waiting to post that... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I for one am happy for all those that were able to buy early. I will continue to wait and watch for some real user evaluations, and living the vicarious life thru your post.
Congrats again and keep us posted.
[emoji41]

Reactions: r0adb10ck
Except the only "evaluations" you can get from those who rushed out (and paid tax) have nothing to do with flying the P4. Anyone can buy it to have it on the release date. You can even do so today.

I for one am happy for all those that were able to buy early. I will continue to wait and watch for some real user evaluations, and living the vicarious life thru your post.
Congrats again and keep us posted.
[emoji41]

@Davphys @Dirty Bird Let it go. If I see any hint of taunting, obnoxious remarks, etc. you will get a warning. It doesn't matter who starts it. And for those who have only recently been unbanned, you will be permanently banned. I hope that is abundantly clear.

I don't get all this. What's the big deal about getting something you can't use a few days early? Even if I had it today, with firmware update and DJI Go app I would still be waiting to fly until I got some feed back from a few people like Dirtybird. I ordered the first day and will get it when I get it. Until then I'll keep learning from those who use it once the firmware and app are official.

DJI doesn't distribute apps over FTP.
They use Google Play beta testing (Android) and TestFlight on iOS.

It would probably be too much hassle. My understanding is the app update will be on Monday.

Reactions: naamanf
The only way to get a beta app for Apple from DJI is to have a Developer account and have DJI list you as a tester

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mirrorimage
Actually it's great to get them early. You'll be the first person to fly. Most people won't be getting their new P4 on launch day from Apple or DJI. You should have access to the new DJI app on Monday the 14th. That's all I know.

Actually it's great to get them early. You'll be the first person to fly. Most people won't be getting their new P4 on launch day from Apple or DJI. You should have access to the new DJI app on Monday the 14th. That's all I know.

Why won't most people get them on launch day? Mine shipped from Apple yesterday from Mephis Tn. and got to Anchorage Ak. this morning so I should have it tomorrow!!! Not sure about people who ordered from Dji, I did order a extra battery from them but have not checked the status.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers