P4 battery problems

Reaction score
I bought a second battery off an Ebay vendor. It looks absolutely identical to my original, so I'm pretty sure it's genuine. It was in the correct DJI box and everything. It was discharged out of the box, so I charged it, and it took the right amount of time to charge, looked great with all four LEDS lit. Then when I put it in the quad and did the normal button-press sequence to start up, the LEDS acted normally, all stayed lit. BUT~! No power-up! Changing back to my first battery and all works well. Is the new battery overcharged?? What could cause this??

Is the label on all sides of your new battery identical to the battery that came with your Phantom?

Is the label on all sides of your new battery identical to the battery that came with your Phantom?
Absolutely identical. The warning to keep ventilation holes unobstructed, in English and Chinese characters on the thin sides, and the wide sides also have identical markings. Even every detail of the plastic case is perfect. I have little doubt that it is a DJI battery. I'm going to partially discharge it and see if that helps. If not, I'll return it.

Last edited:
It sounds like you definitely have an OEM battery then. I'd suggest you get it replaced since it's most likely defective.

Bought P4 last fall with 2 OEM batteries. Followed all instruction for charge and discharge. After only five charge cycles one is like new, the other appears to to take full charge but discharges to half within 24 hours. All the cells are balanced and the self discharge is set at six days. Except for capacity every thing looks normal and flies OK. Anybody else have this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic