P4 Active track question

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm getting a P4 at the end of the month. I've seen loads of vids of active track being used. My only question is can you still control the hight and speed while using this?? So if I had it tracked on a car could I still use the controls to take it higher or to go in front of the car and it will always keep it in shot?? The only vids I've seen they just hold the controller and run around a field lol any info would be great! Thanks [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can change elevation during Activetrack and you can use the right control stick (left and right movement) to have the Phantom circle around the tracked object while still keeping it in frame. Once you get used to it you can have the Phantom fly alongside your tracked object while keeping it in frame using the same right control stick movement.

Perfect! That's exactly what i wanted to know! Thanks [emoji106]

No problem. I have done those impressive 360º shots after having the drone for a short period of time. Don't outfly your skills and practice in an open area and things will look great.

Yeah I'm going to take my time with this. Not going to run before i can walk!

Yeah I'm going to take my time with this. Not going to run before i can walk!

Remember you said that because most find the Phantom 4 so easy to fly they often get ambitious too quickly. Happy flying.

Talking about 360 shots. How does one do a nice 360 shot of, say, a local church that looks really cool?

Is there a way to do it while flying in the P mode? I just got my P4 yesterday, so, still learning the fantastic stuff about this machine. :)

Talking about 360 shots. How does one do a nice 360 shot of, say, a local church that looks really cool?

Is there a way to do it while flying in the P mode? I just got my P4 yesterday, so, still learning the fantastic stuff about this machine. :)

Use the POI Point of Interest feature. You have to enable Multiple Flight Modes and select it from the Intelligent Flight controls. You pick your POI, in your case a church, fly the Phantom to the desired height, set a radius and speed and hit go and the Phantom will do a perfect 360º shot of your church while keeping it in the centre of the frame.

Reactions: Intrepid97
Use the POI Point of Interest feature. You have to enable Multiple Flight Modes and select it from the Intelligent Flight controls. You pick your POI, in your case a church, fly the Phantom to the desired height, set a radius and speed and hit go and the Phantom will do a perfect 360º shot of your church while keeping it in the centre of the frame.
Awesome! Thank you for the lightning fast response. I will have to play with this set up and make sure I do it right.

It's quite easy. Hover over your church and set it as your POI. The only thing I had to figure out was how to set the radius, I thought it would be a setting I would enter, such as 5m, but you have to physically fly the Phantom away from your POI to set the radius, you'll see the radius change in the GO App as you are flying away from your POI. The rest is quite intuitive.

Reactions: Intrepid97
Hey there! I'm getting a P4 at the end of the month. I've seen loads of vids of active track being used. My only question is can you still control the hight and speed while using this?? So if I had it tracked on a car could I still use the controls to take it higher or to go in front of the car and it will always keep it in shot?? The only vids I've seen they just hold the controller and run around a field lol any info would be great! Thanks [emoji16]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj